Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Nokia 6267 3500 and 6121
Nokia late Sunday unwrapped three phones aimed at the rapidly expanding mid-range phone market. All three feature 2-megapixel rear cameras -- now increasingly standard in the class -- and push features relatively new to the field. The 6267 flip-phone (pictured) stresses music and includes its own dedicated media keys as well as a card slot for up to 4GB of media storage. It also brings 3G Internet access with a front video camera for calls. Battery life, in spite of the advanced cellular broadband, is rated at a long 6.5 hours of active talk time. Nokia hopes to ship the 6267 during the summer at a price of 240 Euros ($321) before carrier discounts.
Sony Shuttering Connect
Sony is about to close its Connect online music store, according to reports of a recent company meeting. The electronics giant is allegedly set to discontinue all but the eBooks section and will shift the 20 staffers dedicated to the store to the company's PlayStation branch, where paid online content is more successful. Connect division head Steve Banfield will leave his position in as little as a few weeks, the report says. No confirmation was given for whether or not Sony's own SonicStage software, which is used as the front-end for accessing Connect, will be changed or removed altogether.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 44 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- MacUpdate tests changes in face of challenging specialist market - 6 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies