Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Nokia 6267 3500 and 6121
Nokia late Sunday unwrapped three phones aimed at the rapidly expanding mid-range phone market. All three feature 2-megapixel rear cameras -- now increasingly standard in the class -- and push features relatively new to the field. The 6267 flip-phone (pictured) stresses music and includes its own dedicated media keys as well as a card slot for up to 4GB of media storage. It also brings 3G Internet access with a front video camera for calls. Battery life, in spite of the advanced cellular broadband, is rated at a long 6.5 hours of active talk time. Nokia hopes to ship the 6267 during the summer at a price of 240 Euros ($321) before carrier discounts.
Sony Shuttering Connect
Sony is about to close its Connect online music store, according to reports of a recent company meeting. The electronics giant is allegedly set to discontinue all but the eBooks section and will shift the 20 staffers dedicated to the store to the company's PlayStation branch, where paid online content is more successful. Connect division head Steve Banfield will leave his position in as little as a few weeks, the report says. No confirmation was given for whether or not Sony's own SonicStage software, which is used as the front-end for accessing Connect, will be changed or removed altogether.
As AC networking begins to makes its way into more and more devices you may find yourself considering an upgrade for your home network ...D-Link DIR-510L 802.11AC travel router
Having Internet access in hotels and other similar locations used to be a miasma of connectivity issues. If Wi-Fi was available, it wa ...Ooma Office small business VoIP
Voice over IP (VoIP) services have been around for a very long time. Only recently has the implementation become a bit more robust, al ...
10 Most Discussed
- Eich's Mozilla departure induces bilateral criticism, Firefox bans - 39 replies
- Samsung seized on death of Steve Jobs to launch anti-Apple ads - 15 replies
- Apple considers 'dramatic' revamping of iTunes Music Store - 14 replies
- Brendan Eich steps down at Mozilla Foundation, no successor named - 13 replies
- Email from Jobs in 2010 lays out future vision - 13 replies
- Critical OpenSSL 'HeartBleed' bug uncovered, affects HTTPS encryption - 11 replies
- Images: Apple takes wraps off stunning new Istanbul store - 10 replies
- Rumor: Apple considering entry into high-definition music? [u] - 9 replies
- Apple opens first store in Turkey to hoopla, press, long lineups - 9 replies
- Apple almost ditched ad firm in view of Samsung's Next Big Thing ads - 8 replies