Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Nokia 6267 3500 and 6121
Nokia late Sunday unwrapped three phones aimed at the rapidly expanding mid-range phone market. All three feature 2-megapixel rear cameras -- now increasingly standard in the class -- and push features relatively new to the field. The 6267 flip-phone (pictured) stresses music and includes its own dedicated media keys as well as a card slot for up to 4GB of media storage. It also brings 3G Internet access with a front video camera for calls. Battery life, in spite of the advanced cellular broadband, is rated at a long 6.5 hours of active talk time. Nokia hopes to ship the 6267 during the summer at a price of 240 Euros ($321) before carrier discounts.
Sony Shuttering Connect
Sony is about to close its Connect online music store, according to reports of a recent company meeting. The electronics giant is allegedly set to discontinue all but the eBooks section and will shift the 20 staffers dedicated to the store to the company's PlayStation branch, where paid online content is more successful. Connect division head Steve Banfield will leave his position in as little as a few weeks, the report says. No confirmation was given for whether or not Sony's own SonicStage software, which is used as the front-end for accessing Connect, will be changed or removed altogether.
Smartbands of all sorts are hitting the market. Some build on the buzz around fitness trackers, while others offer simpler features fo ...RocketStor 6324L Thunderbolt 2 eSATA bridge
Like it or not, the shift to Thunderbolt is underway. The connection is extremely flexible, allowing for video and data to co-habitate ...Patriot Stellar Boost XT 64GB USB 3.0 drive
A vast selection of USB memory sticks means that consumers can often find exactly the size drive they need in a configuration that can ...
10 Most Discussed
- iPhone 6 Plus bending in pockets, some users complain - 23 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 22 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 15 replies
- Video shows two kids deliberately bending iPhones at Apple Store - 14 replies
- Person responsible for iOS 8.0.1 debacle also linked to iOS 6 Maps - 14 replies
- FBI Director Comey worried Apple, Google encryption 'above the law' - 12 replies
- Apple Watch will be able to control Apple TV, says Cook - 11 replies
- Prescheduled social media posts from Joan Rivers promote iPhone 6 - 11 replies
- Fixed iOS 8.0.2 now live; bent iPhone 6 Pluses may get replaced [u] - 11 replies
- Fifth Avenue iPhone 6 line spans 12 blocks; 6 Plus in low US supply - 10 replies