Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
DRM-free music privacy
Apple has declined to comment on why it stores users' names and emails in its DRM-free music offered through iTunes. Earlier this week, the company officially launched its higher quality, DRM-free music with the release of iTunes 7.2, which brought a few growing pains. EMI's historic agreement with Apple removes any copyright protection on music, allowing users to playback music on virtually any device if they purchase the the more expensive DRM-free version of the song. However, now privacy advocates are beginning to question Apple's move to include the information with each song. Unlike competing services such as eMusic which offer DRM-free music without any strings attached, several sites reported that Apple embedded personal information such as a user's name and email.
SanDisk Sansa View on Hold
SanDisk is rethinking its decision to introduce the Sansa View, according to a company spokesman. The flash producer says that it wants to "re-scope" the device, which would have been the firm's first media player focused on video support. The move effectively postpones its release indefinitely, though the company's commitment to the View is still strong and that the release is a question of both a proper feature set and good timing, the spokesman says.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer at Apple - 7 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 7 replies
- Microsoft reveals six versions of Windows 10 inbound this summer - 6 replies
- Apple, Leica working to resolve bug that could corrupt Photos library - 6 replies
- Review: FileMaker Pro 14 (OS X, iOS, Windows) - 5 replies
- Pointers: Make 'Hey Siri' work on Apple Watch - 5 replies
- Pointers: Sign Your PDFs in Preview - 5 replies
- Pointers: Mastering the OS X Dock - 5 replies
- Apple rolls out Force Touch 15-inch MacBook Pro, new Retina iMac - 5 replies
- Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - 4 replies