Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
DRM-free music privacy
Apple has declined to comment on why it stores users' names and emails in its DRM-free music offered through iTunes. Earlier this week, the company officially launched its higher quality, DRM-free music with the release of iTunes 7.2, which brought a few growing pains. EMI's historic agreement with Apple removes any copyright protection on music, allowing users to playback music on virtually any device if they purchase the the more expensive DRM-free version of the song. However, now privacy advocates are beginning to question Apple's move to include the information with each song. Unlike competing services such as eMusic which offer DRM-free music without any strings attached, several sites reported that Apple embedded personal information such as a user's name and email.
SanDisk Sansa View on Hold
SanDisk is rethinking its decision to introduce the Sansa View, according to a company spokesman. The flash producer says that it wants to "re-scope" the device, which would have been the firm's first media player focused on video support. The move effectively postpones its release indefinitely, though the company's commitment to the View is still strong and that the release is a question of both a proper feature set and good timing, the spokesman says.
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...StarTech Thunderbolt Docking Station
Like USB before it, Thunderbolt is taking a path to ubiquity. Originally included on Apple's MacBook Pro series, the new interface te ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Opinion: How will Apple maintain usability on a larger iPhone? - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Report: Mac users 4x more 'engaged' than Windows users - 12 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies