Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Forums May 19
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the recent update to Apple's consumer MacBook laptops, received with a mix of disappointment and satisfaction.... Several other members are responding to a request for help from a user looking to ditch their Dell and switch to a Mac, including the question asking how to convince his wife the Mac is best.... Other users are discussing the real world speed difference between a 2.0 GHz and a 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo, and if the difference decreases with more RAM.... Other members are offering solutions to a user looking to duplicate a user folder in Mac OS X.... Meanwhile, other members are discussing the options for a user who spilled water on a MacBook as AppleCare does not cover accidental damage.
Two new Fujitsu plasmas
Fujitsu has released two new televisions in its Plasmavision series. The P55XHA51WSb and P63XHA51WSb are 55- and 63-inch sets, available in silver or black, and use panels with 1366x768 native resolution. The processor behind them is the AVM II, which is capable of per-pixel processing and scaling, and will attempt to anti-alias moving objects to eliminate jagged edges. It also boasts noise reduction and motion prediction abilities.
Brightness for both screens is rated at 900cd/m2, and contrast is 3,000:1. Ports feature two HDMI connections, plus options like VGA and RS232. In the UK, the sets are priced at £4,495 ($8,879) and £6,495 ($12,830). [via Pocket-lint]
With over-the-top content options growing past Hulu and Netflix, consumers may be finding it harder to justify paying a monthly fee fo ...Sound Blaster Roar Bluetooth speaker
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...
10 Most Discussed
- CurrentC CEO, COO field questions about data breach, Apple Pay block - 22 replies
- CVS throws in with Rite Aid, blocks Apple Pay and Google Wallet - 22 replies
- Apple responds to CVS, Rite Aid blocking Apple Pay - 17 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out as gay in new essay - 17 replies
- CurrentC payment system customer emails stolen - 14 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the new $499 Mac mini - 13 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- Amex web page promotes Apple Pay, adds directions for linking cards - 12 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies