Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Forums May 19
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the recent update to Apple's consumer MacBook laptops, received with a mix of disappointment and satisfaction.... Several other members are responding to a request for help from a user looking to ditch their Dell and switch to a Mac, including the question asking how to convince his wife the Mac is best.... Other users are discussing the real world speed difference between a 2.0 GHz and a 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo, and if the difference decreases with more RAM.... Other members are offering solutions to a user looking to duplicate a user folder in Mac OS X.... Meanwhile, other members are discussing the options for a user who spilled water on a MacBook as AppleCare does not cover accidental damage.
Two new Fujitsu plasmas
Fujitsu has released two new televisions in its Plasmavision series. The P55XHA51WSb and P63XHA51WSb are 55- and 63-inch sets, available in silver or black, and use panels with 1366x768 native resolution. The processor behind them is the AVM II, which is capable of per-pixel processing and scaling, and will attempt to anti-alias moving objects to eliminate jagged edges. It also boasts noise reduction and motion prediction abilities.
Brightness for both screens is rated at 900cd/m2, and contrast is 3,000:1. Ports feature two HDMI connections, plus options like VGA and RS232. In the UK, the sets are priced at £4,495 ($8,879) and £6,495 ($12,830). [via Pocket-lint]
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Apple debuts special page for iOS 7.1 release - 9 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies