Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Forums May 19
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the recent update to Apple's consumer MacBook laptops, received with a mix of disappointment and satisfaction.... Several other members are responding to a request for help from a user looking to ditch their Dell and switch to a Mac, including the question asking how to convince his wife the Mac is best.... Other users are discussing the real world speed difference between a 2.0 GHz and a 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo, and if the difference decreases with more RAM.... Other members are offering solutions to a user looking to duplicate a user folder in Mac OS X.... Meanwhile, other members are discussing the options for a user who spilled water on a MacBook as AppleCare does not cover accidental damage.
Two new Fujitsu plasmas
Fujitsu has released two new televisions in its Plasmavision series. The P55XHA51WSb and P63XHA51WSb are 55- and 63-inch sets, available in silver or black, and use panels with 1366x768 native resolution. The processor behind them is the AVM II, which is capable of per-pixel processing and scaling, and will attempt to anti-alias moving objects to eliminate jagged edges. It also boasts noise reduction and motion prediction abilities.
Brightness for both screens is rated at 900cd/m2, and contrast is 3,000:1. Ports feature two HDMI connections, plus options like VGA and RS232. In the UK, the sets are priced at £4,495 ($8,879) and £6,495 ($12,830). [via Pocket-lint]
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 15 replies
- One-off (Product) RED Mac Pro fetches $977,000 at auction - 13 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- WD Black 2 Dual Drive combines SSD, HDD into non-hybrid format - 6 replies