Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Forums May 19
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the recent update to Apple's consumer MacBook laptops, received with a mix of disappointment and satisfaction.... Several other members are responding to a request for help from a user looking to ditch their Dell and switch to a Mac, including the question asking how to convince his wife the Mac is best.... Other users are discussing the real world speed difference between a 2.0 GHz and a 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo, and if the difference decreases with more RAM.... Other members are offering solutions to a user looking to duplicate a user folder in Mac OS X.... Meanwhile, other members are discussing the options for a user who spilled water on a MacBook as AppleCare does not cover accidental damage.
Two new Fujitsu plasmas
Fujitsu has released two new televisions in its Plasmavision series. The P55XHA51WSb and P63XHA51WSb are 55- and 63-inch sets, available in silver or black, and use panels with 1366x768 native resolution. The processor behind them is the AVM II, which is capable of per-pixel processing and scaling, and will attempt to anti-alias moving objects to eliminate jagged edges. It also boasts noise reduction and motion prediction abilities.
Brightness for both screens is rated at 900cd/m2, and contrast is 3,000:1. Ports feature two HDMI connections, plus options like VGA and RS232. In the UK, the sets are priced at £4,495 ($8,879) and £6,495 ($12,830). [via Pocket-lint]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Hands On: Griffin Powermate Bluetooth - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Appeals court opens door to FTC oversight of corporate cyber security - 6 replies
- Samsung upgrades Ultimate Test Drive with $200 switching offer - 6 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies