Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Forums May 5
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the potential useful life of a PowerMac G5, and whether or not running Windows is now be a requirement for Mac users.... Several other members are responding to a request for help by a MacBook Pro owner who has discovered a bulge above the latch of their laptop, noting it as a structural flaw of the Apple notebook.... Other users are discussing odd issues with the "About This Mac" function in Mac OS X, recently reported to list RAM speeds as 0 MHz and failing to identify processors .... Other members are attempting to help an iBook owner who has not been able to start his laptop since the recent security update by Apple.... Meanwhile, other members are discussing the best way to recover deleted files in Mac OS X, as some question whether the task is even possible.
HP Pavilion HDX Leak
HP is about to release its first-ever gaming notebook, according to a series of images and specs that have slipped out online. The Pavilion HDX should be the first fruits of the Voodoo PC buyout and is likely to include both high-performance parts for gaming as well as avid movie watchers. Similar to the XPS M2010, the HDX will more closely resemble a portable desktop with a 20-inch display and a handle to carry the 12-pound system. The lower half of the casing is large enough that a full-featured Windows Media Center remote docks to the left of a full-size keyboard, complete with touch-sensitive media keys at the top.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 7 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies