updated 05:20 pm EDT, Tue May 1, 2007
DiscLabel, Shoo Apps
- DiscLabel 4.2 ($35) updates the CD/DVD label design software for Mac with a new visual effects dialog as well as enhanced tools for applying design features to objects. DiscLabel 4.2 enables users to stroke the edge of an image, add shadows to any object, and features support for printing HP CD/DVD tattoos. The latest release also offers Text Palette user interface improvements. [Download - 14.7MB]
- Shoo Apps 1.0 ($15) is a utility allowing users to hide inactive applications for an uncluttered workspace, and supports hiding those applications at the same time or giving each individual application its own interval at which to hide. The software runs natively on Intel-based Macs as a Universal Binary. [Download - 4.2MB]
- VelaClock Deluxe 2.0 ($16) updates the world clock widget with a configurable user interface. The latest revision adds user-friendly places that allow cities not already built into VelaClock, and enables users to change the current date to provide information for any day in the past or future. The software also supports using GPS to enter a current location to provide accurate times for sunrise, sunset, twighlight, moonrise, and moonset. [Download - 1.6MB]
- RSSFilter (free for FeedForAll users or $30 subscription) is a PHP script that filters the contents of an RSS feed, enabling publishers to define the filters. The software uses rules to filter the items included from a feed in the resulting feed, and is designed to work with other RSS scripts to help filter feeds. RSSFilter supports RSS 2.0, 1.0, 0.9, 0.91, 0.92, and Atom 1.0 as well as 0.3 feeds.
- Astro IIDC 3.02.00 ($75, $25 for upgrade from 1-2.x) updates the Astronomy, Microscopy, and High Speed image acquisition and processing software for Mac OS X. The latest release improves object tracking, adds square root gamma curve stretching, and improves auto color balance. Version 3.02.00 also adds support for 2007 GPUSB models, live graphing for tracking accuracy, and improved pixel matching for alignment alongside several bug fixes. [Download - 3.1MB]
- KnowledgeMiner 5.3.3 ($40) improves significance testing and adds a "call for papers" feature to the personal data mining software. KnowledgeMiner 5.3.3 fixes a bug that could produce minor differences between generated model equations and the calculated model output for very complex nonlinear models, and repairs an issue that could occasionally cause the application to crash when reading the clipboard at program startup. [Download - 7.2MB]