Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Forums April 22
Forums roundup: Members are discussing reports from some users of dirt and debris stuck in the screens of MacBook Pros, apparently caught behind the coating during manufacturing.... Other users are discussing problems with iMacs and other Macs not falling asleep, including the first reported solution of reinstalling Mac OS X... One user is wondering about some MacBook cases, and the reputation of sites which sell them.... Other members are offering alternatives to a user looking for cooling pads for their MacbBook Pro, including reviews and recommendations from first hand users.... Meanwhile, other members are offering solutions to a potential AppleTV buyer wondering how to convert component or HDMI to composite so they can use an AppleTV with a standard definition television.
MacBook Hacked in Contest
One of two "honeypot" MacBook Pros at the CanSecWest security conference has been successfully hacked, according to officials. The Vancouver, British Columbia event had established a contest to try and gain user-level shell access in Mac OS X over a wireless network, which was successfully accomplished after contest hosts eased rules and allowed security experts to attack through code sent through malicious websites instead of directly compromising the OS itself.
With over-the-top content options growing past Hulu and Netflix, consumers may be finding it harder to justify paying a monthly fee fo ...Sound Blaster Roar Bluetooth speaker
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...
10 Most Discussed
- CurrentC CEO, COO field questions about data breach, Apple Pay block - 23 replies
- CVS throws in with Rite Aid, blocks Apple Pay and Google Wallet - 22 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out as gay in new essay - 17 replies
- Apple responds to CVS, Rite Aid blocking Apple Pay - 17 replies
- CurrentC payment system customer emails stolen - 14 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the new $499 Mac mini - 13 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- Amex web page promotes Apple Pay, adds directions for linking cards - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies