Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Forums April 22
Forums roundup: Members are discussing reports from some users of dirt and debris stuck in the screens of MacBook Pros, apparently caught behind the coating during manufacturing.... Other users are discussing problems with iMacs and other Macs not falling asleep, including the first reported solution of reinstalling Mac OS X... One user is wondering about some MacBook cases, and the reputation of sites which sell them.... Other members are offering alternatives to a user looking for cooling pads for their MacbBook Pro, including reviews and recommendations from first hand users.... Meanwhile, other members are offering solutions to a potential AppleTV buyer wondering how to convert component or HDMI to composite so they can use an AppleTV with a standard definition television.
MacBook Hacked in Contest
One of two "honeypot" MacBook Pros at the CanSecWest security conference has been successfully hacked, according to officials. The Vancouver, British Columbia event had established a contest to try and gain user-level shell access in Mac OS X over a wireless network, which was successfully accomplished after contest hosts eased rules and allowed security experts to attack through code sent through malicious websites instead of directly compromising the OS itself.
Before we get rolling, I'll confess: I've never understood the purpose of cases like the Booqpad. If you've got a tablet, surely p ...Linksys EA6900 AC Router
As 802.11ac networking begins to makes its way into more and more devices, you may find yourself considering an upgrade for your home ...D-Link DIR-510L 802.11AC travel router
Having Internet access in hotels and other similar locations used to be a miasma of connectivity issues. If Wi-Fi was available, it wa ...
10 Most Discussed
- Eich's Mozilla departure induces bilateral criticism, Firefox bans - 40 replies
- Samsung seized on death of Steve Jobs to launch anti-Apple ads - 15 replies
- Apple considers 'dramatic' revamping of iTunes Music Store - 14 replies
- Email from Jobs in 2010 lays out future vision - 13 replies
- Critical OpenSSL 'HeartBleed' bug uncovered, affects HTTPS encryption - 11 replies
- Mayer: Yahoo should be Apple's default search engine - 10 replies
- Rumor: Apple considering entry into high-definition music? [u] - 9 replies
- Apple opens first store in Turkey to hoopla, press, long lineups - 9 replies
- Core iOS creator said to be leaving Apple after row with Jonathan Ive - 8 replies
- Campaign calls for ouster of Condoleezza Rice from Dropbox board - 8 replies