Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Forums April 22
Forums roundup: Members are discussing reports from some users of dirt and debris stuck in the screens of MacBook Pros, apparently caught behind the coating during manufacturing.... Other users are discussing problems with iMacs and other Macs not falling asleep, including the first reported solution of reinstalling Mac OS X... One user is wondering about some MacBook cases, and the reputation of sites which sell them.... Other members are offering alternatives to a user looking for cooling pads for their MacbBook Pro, including reviews and recommendations from first hand users.... Meanwhile, other members are offering solutions to a potential AppleTV buyer wondering how to convert component or HDMI to composite so they can use an AppleTV with a standard definition television.
MacBook Hacked in Contest
One of two "honeypot" MacBook Pros at the CanSecWest security conference has been successfully hacked, according to officials. The Vancouver, British Columbia event had established a contest to try and gain user-level shell access in Mac OS X over a wireless network, which was successfully accomplished after contest hosts eased rules and allowed security experts to attack through code sent through malicious websites instead of directly compromising the OS itself.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 22 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 16 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Apple increasing employment in Ireland, creating 1,000 more jobs - 15 replies
- F.lux developers pull sideloaded app following Apple's complaint - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Tim Cook addresses retail, commences 'inclusion training' company-wide - 7 replies