Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Forums April 22
Forums roundup: Members are discussing reports from some users of dirt and debris stuck in the screens of MacBook Pros, apparently caught behind the coating during manufacturing.... Other users are discussing problems with iMacs and other Macs not falling asleep, including the first reported solution of reinstalling Mac OS X... One user is wondering about some MacBook cases, and the reputation of sites which sell them.... Other members are offering alternatives to a user looking for cooling pads for their MacbBook Pro, including reviews and recommendations from first hand users.... Meanwhile, other members are offering solutions to a potential AppleTV buyer wondering how to convert component or HDMI to composite so they can use an AppleTV with a standard definition television.
MacBook Hacked in Contest
One of two "honeypot" MacBook Pros at the CanSecWest security conference has been successfully hacked, according to officials. The Vancouver, British Columbia event had established a contest to try and gain user-level shell access in Mac OS X over a wireless network, which was successfully accomplished after contest hosts eased rules and allowed security experts to attack through code sent through malicious websites instead of directly compromising the OS itself.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Hands On: Griffin Powermate Bluetooth - 9 replies
- Appeals court opens door to FTC oversight of corporate cyber security - 6 replies
- Samsung upgrades Ultimate Test Drive with $200 switching offer - 6 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies