Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Forums April 22
Forums roundup: Members are discussing reports from some users of dirt and debris stuck in the screens of MacBook Pros, apparently caught behind the coating during manufacturing.... Other users are discussing problems with iMacs and other Macs not falling asleep, including the first reported solution of reinstalling Mac OS X... One user is wondering about some MacBook cases, and the reputation of sites which sell them.... Other members are offering alternatives to a user looking for cooling pads for their MacbBook Pro, including reviews and recommendations from first hand users.... Meanwhile, other members are offering solutions to a potential AppleTV buyer wondering how to convert component or HDMI to composite so they can use an AppleTV with a standard definition television.
MacBook Hacked in Contest
One of two "honeypot" MacBook Pros at the CanSecWest security conference has been successfully hacked, according to officials. The Vancouver, British Columbia event had established a contest to try and gain user-level shell access in Mac OS X over a wireless network, which was successfully accomplished after contest hosts eased rules and allowed security experts to attack through code sent through malicious websites instead of directly compromising the OS itself.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 21 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies
- Editorial: Apple's iOS purchase-history purge disrespects users - 8 replies