updated 01:45 pm EDT, Wed April 18, 2007
Music Man; Amnesty Gen.
- Music Man 2.1 ($20) is a general audio conversion program, designed to rip, convert and burn in a variety of formats. Supported output is broad, ranging from standard formats such as Redbook and MP3, through to M4A, M4B, MIDI and Ogg Vorbis. The v2.1 update adds a clip-making feature, and should solve some users' problems with burning MP3 CDs and DVDs. Mac OS X 10.4 and QuickTime 6 are required to use all of the program's components. [Download - 12MB]
- Amnesty Generator 1.1 (free) converts games, videos and web widgets into Dashboard widgets, ensuring that a minimum amount of information has to be downloaded to view them. The app's Autofill feature accomodates a variety of more popular websites, including Revver, YouTube, Photobucket and Google Gadgets. The new version supports Google Talk, as well as widgets from box.net, imeem, twango, YourMinis and WidgetBox. Amnesty is a Universal Binary for Mac OS X 10.3.9. [Download - 283KB]
- Caboodle 1.1 ($15) stores and structures otherwise disparate pieces of information, such as recipes, photos, directions and file attachments. Items are organized in outline form, with sub-entries inheriting the custom fields of their parents. Private listings can be encrypted. Version 1.1 saves entries automatically when leaving the Subject or icon fields, and fixes a pair of bugs, most notably crashes triggered by exporting to a PDF file. [Download - 3.1MB]
- Minim 1.1 ($27) organizes a musicians compositions, combining lyrics, metadata and associated files. The program is also integrated with iChat, and will point out when collaborating musicians are online. The update makes several enhancements, such as a new interface, and the ability to add the same song to multiple albums. The software also has an improved file management system, and increased metadata options. [Download - 1.1MB]
- OnTheAir Video 2.3.8 ($1,757) is an automated video playback program intended for television stations, with features such as multicore code, seamless transitions and real-time graphics compositing. Supported formats include MPEG-4, DVCPro, M-JPEG and more. The v2.3.8 upgrade merges the SD and HD versions, and allows audio output to be selected by picking the language track within QuickTime. A professional, dedicated PCI video card is required. [Download - 3.4MB]
- CAN DV 2.3.2 ($3,000) was previously known as Vidi DV, and like OnTheAir is a commercial video "playout" program. This is the first public release under its new name. It relies exclusively on DV streams and DV QuickTime clips, and can be set to play on a schedule, or run unique clips during a live broadcast. Clips can be trimmed within the software, and commericals can be lumped together and inserted in blocks. A Mac with a FireWire port and a corresponding media converter (such as those by Canopus and Miranda) is required. [Download - 5.7MB]