Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New Get a Mac ad: "Stuffed
Just days after tech guru Walt Mossberg described his frustrations with "craplets" on Windows-based PCs, Apple has posted yet another television ad in its "Get A Mac" campaign: "Stuffed" highlights the "plethora of teaser software and advertisements" found on Windows-based PCs versus the fully-featured iLife suite bundled with Macs. Mossberg's column, published last week, pointed out the dismal user experience due to the overwhelming amount of advertising and trial software installed on modern Windows PCs: "I'm talking about two main problems. One is the plethora of teaser software and advertisements for products that must be cleared and uninstalled to make way for your own stuff. The second is the confusing welter of security programs you have to master and update, even on a virgin machine," the columnist wrote in his column. "Stuffed" follows the release of "Flashback" and "Computer Cart" earlier this week.
Sony VR Game Controller
Sony has potentially shown the future of its PlayStation's game mechanics through a new patent in the US. Titled only "Hand-held computer interactive device," the technology would serve to bring the concepts behind more recent virtual reality gloves to a gaming audience. While the glove as a whole would sense movement and could be used to replicate controllers like Sony's own SIXAXIS for the PS3 or Nintendo's Wii remote, individual sensors in the fingers and thumb could tell when the player is gripping an object or making a gesture. The glove itself would offer some resistance and could also vibrate individual points to simulate touch. Wireless would be used to ensure complete freedom of movement, Sony says.
Although the new darling of the Apple MacBook line up is the all-new MacBook, Apple has given its popular 13-inch MacBook Pro with Ret ...Griffin Twenty
A few years ago Griffin launched the original Twenty, a small digital amp that used an AirPort Express to turn any set of passive spea ...Seagate Wireless
It seems like no matter how much internal storage is included today's mobile devices, we, as users, will always find a way to fill th ...
10 Most Discussed
- Hands On: Photos 1.0 (OS X) - 34 replies
- Apple patches root escalation in Yosemite, older may not see patch - 18 replies
- First Look: All-new 12-inch Apple MacBook - 18 replies
- Apple releases OS X 10.10.3, Photos for Mac, iOS 8.3 - 17 replies
- Backup Utility Smackdown (OS X) - 16 replies
- Apple updates iTunes, declares 2009 MacBook Pros obsolete - 13 replies
- Apple Watch: Pre-orders live, delays, Apple Care+ prices revealed [U] - 11 replies
- Google ARC Welder allows Android apps to run in Chrome browser - 10 replies
- Retina 12-inch MacBook teardowns reveal low repairability - 9 replies
- Pointers: don't forward your OS X Mail, redirect it - 8 replies