Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New Get a Mac ad: "Stuffed
Just days after tech guru Walt Mossberg described his frustrations with "craplets" on Windows-based PCs, Apple has posted yet another television ad in its "Get A Mac" campaign: "Stuffed" highlights the "plethora of teaser software and advertisements" found on Windows-based PCs versus the fully-featured iLife suite bundled with Macs. Mossberg's column, published last week, pointed out the dismal user experience due to the overwhelming amount of advertising and trial software installed on modern Windows PCs: "I'm talking about two main problems. One is the plethora of teaser software and advertisements for products that must be cleared and uninstalled to make way for your own stuff. The second is the confusing welter of security programs you have to master and update, even on a virgin machine," the columnist wrote in his column. "Stuffed" follows the release of "Flashback" and "Computer Cart" earlier this week.
Sony VR Game Controller
Sony has potentially shown the future of its PlayStation's game mechanics through a new patent in the US. Titled only "Hand-held computer interactive device," the technology would serve to bring the concepts behind more recent virtual reality gloves to a gaming audience. While the glove as a whole would sense movement and could be used to replicate controllers like Sony's own SIXAXIS for the PS3 or Nintendo's Wii remote, individual sensors in the fingers and thumb could tell when the player is gripping an object or making a gesture. The glove itself would offer some resistance and could also vibrate individual points to simulate touch. Wireless would be used to ensure complete freedom of movement, Sony says.
Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD
Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...Lemur BlueDriver
"Oh no, the check engine light is on…again! What one of the hundreds of reasons could it be this time? Probably going to cost a for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Senator Ted Cruz off the mark with net neutrality comments - 15 replies
- Apple pursuing 'aggressive expansion' in enterprise market - 15 replies
- Spotify paid over $2B in royalties, CEO responds to Taylor Swift - 12 replies
- Some Safari users experiencing severe YouTube playback problems - 12 replies
- FCC chairman rejects President's call for Title II ISP regulation - 11 replies
- First Look: Apple iMac with 5K Retina Display - 10 replies
- AT&T could shelve gigabit fiber investments over net neutrality rules - 10 replies
- Apple must face lawsuit over iMessage's lost texts, says Judge Koh - 10 replies
- President Obama voices support for Title II reclassification of ISPs - 9 replies
- Upp hydrogen fuel cell available in Apple Stores in United Kingdom - 7 replies