Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New Get a Mac ad: "Stuffed
Just days after tech guru Walt Mossberg described his frustrations with "craplets" on Windows-based PCs, Apple has posted yet another television ad in its "Get A Mac" campaign: "Stuffed" highlights the "plethora of teaser software and advertisements" found on Windows-based PCs versus the fully-featured iLife suite bundled with Macs. Mossberg's column, published last week, pointed out the dismal user experience due to the overwhelming amount of advertising and trial software installed on modern Windows PCs: "I'm talking about two main problems. One is the plethora of teaser software and advertisements for products that must be cleared and uninstalled to make way for your own stuff. The second is the confusing welter of security programs you have to master and update, even on a virgin machine," the columnist wrote in his column. "Stuffed" follows the release of "Flashback" and "Computer Cart" earlier this week.
Sony VR Game Controller
Sony has potentially shown the future of its PlayStation's game mechanics through a new patent in the US. Titled only "Hand-held computer interactive device," the technology would serve to bring the concepts behind more recent virtual reality gloves to a gaming audience. While the glove as a whole would sense movement and could be used to replicate controllers like Sony's own SIXAXIS for the PS3 or Nintendo's Wii remote, individual sensors in the fingers and thumb could tell when the player is gripping an object or making a gesture. The glove itself would offer some resistance and could also vibrate individual points to simulate touch. Wireless would be used to ensure complete freedom of movement, Sony says.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 40 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies
- Hands On: Tile Bluetooth Object Tracker - 6 replies
- Pono struggling to expand due to lack of resources, no new CEO - 6 replies