Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Toshiba made an early start of the week late Sunday with its new Satellite A135-S4527 notebook. A 15.4-inch system, the updated A135 spec includes just enough added speed and media features to be a good choice for families and students, Toshiba says. A dual-core 1.73GHz Pentium T2060 as well as 1GB of RAM are there to keep Vista Home Premium running smoothly; a DVD writer and a 120GB hard drive provide ample storage for the newer OS and the video editing and viewing that Toshiba encourages with the new portable.
The S4527 is destined for retail stores and doesn't have a firm price as with many of the company's online-only systems; however, expect the system to arrive in larger retailers this week at under $800.
Forums April 8
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the recent update to the Mac Pro line which added the option of dual-quad core Xeon processors to Apple's flagship workstation line.... Other users are discussing whether or not optical media is obsolete, and if it should be eliminated from Apple products as the floppy was... One user is asking for opinions as to the value of adding 533MHz DDR2 RAM to a MacBook, which is slower, and cheaper, than the standard RAM used in the laptop.... Other members are discussing 'hidden' or less publicized of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, including quick zooming and resizing tricks.... Meanwhile, one member is questioning what features it would take for respondents to buy a 6th Generation iPod immediately upon release.
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...DoxieGo Portable Scanner
Sometimes, people need to scan things, but having a computer at hand to do so isn't exactly feasible. Maybe it's the home of a relat ...
10 Most Discussed
- LA schools' iPad program flawed from beginning, federal report says - 28 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- President Obama calls for overturning anti-municipal broadband laws - 16 replies
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 15 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 12 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Principal filming on Universal Jobs biopic now underway - 8 replies
- Follow-up: new anti-poaching lawsuit settlement offer $415 million - 7 replies
- Google Glass 'graduates' from Google X, team reports to Tony Fadell - 6 replies