Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Toshiba made an early start of the week late Sunday with its new Satellite A135-S4527 notebook. A 15.4-inch system, the updated A135 spec includes just enough added speed and media features to be a good choice for families and students, Toshiba says. A dual-core 1.73GHz Pentium T2060 as well as 1GB of RAM are there to keep Vista Home Premium running smoothly; a DVD writer and a 120GB hard drive provide ample storage for the newer OS and the video editing and viewing that Toshiba encourages with the new portable.
The S4527 is destined for retail stores and doesn't have a firm price as with many of the company's online-only systems; however, expect the system to arrive in larger retailers this week at under $800.
Forums April 8
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the recent update to the Mac Pro line which added the option of dual-quad core Xeon processors to Apple's flagship workstation line.... Other users are discussing whether or not optical media is obsolete, and if it should be eliminated from Apple products as the floppy was... One user is asking for opinions as to the value of adding 533MHz DDR2 RAM to a MacBook, which is slower, and cheaper, than the standard RAM used in the laptop.... Other members are discussing 'hidden' or less publicized of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, including quick zooming and resizing tricks.... Meanwhile, one member is questioning what features it would take for respondents to buy a 6th Generation iPod immediately upon release.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 30 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple debuts special page for iOS 7.1 release - 11 replies
- Neil Young-backed PonoPlayer hits target within 24 hours - 11 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Office for Mac to get new version this year, says Microsoft exec - 9 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies