Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Toshiba made an early start of the week late Sunday with its new Satellite A135-S4527 notebook. A 15.4-inch system, the updated A135 spec includes just enough added speed and media features to be a good choice for families and students, Toshiba says. A dual-core 1.73GHz Pentium T2060 as well as 1GB of RAM are there to keep Vista Home Premium running smoothly; a DVD writer and a 120GB hard drive provide ample storage for the newer OS and the video editing and viewing that Toshiba encourages with the new portable.
The S4527 is destined for retail stores and doesn't have a firm price as with many of the company's online-only systems; however, expect the system to arrive in larger retailers this week at under $800.
Forums April 8
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the recent update to the Mac Pro line which added the option of dual-quad core Xeon processors to Apple's flagship workstation line.... Other users are discussing whether or not optical media is obsolete, and if it should be eliminated from Apple products as the floppy was... One user is asking for opinions as to the value of adding 533MHz DDR2 RAM to a MacBook, which is slower, and cheaper, than the standard RAM used in the laptop.... Other members are discussing 'hidden' or less publicized of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, including quick zooming and resizing tricks.... Meanwhile, one member is questioning what features it would take for respondents to buy a 6th Generation iPod immediately upon release.
Keeping an eye on the home while out and about these days is common practice, assisted by modern technology. Internet cameras became p ...Fugoo Bluetooth speaker
It's rare to find a Bluetooth speaker that can cover a large array of needs. Generally, speakers are wrapped in a desktop-convenient ...Epson LW-600P
Label makers are traditionally simple machines that perform a single task which people feel they can either live with or without. In m ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple kills work on Aperture, shifts efforts to Yosemite's Photos app - 21 replies
- Russia passes law requiring social media data be housed in-country - 15 replies
- Opinion: Buy an iPhone 5s now, or wait for the iPhone 6? - 13 replies
- Apple promises 'professional-grade' features in OS X Photos - 13 replies
- Facebook toys with the emotions of users in the name of science - 11 replies
- Monkey Parking creator refuses shutdown order, fights San Francisco - 10 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Los Angeles school district pulls plug on iPads, moves to laptops - 9 replies
- Kantar: iPhone 5s, 5c outselling Samsung S5 in Europe - 9 replies
- MacNN testing: Microsoft domain seizure blocks VPN, allows odd traffic - 8 replies