Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Toshiba made an early start of the week late Sunday with its new Satellite A135-S4527 notebook. A 15.4-inch system, the updated A135 spec includes just enough added speed and media features to be a good choice for families and students, Toshiba says. A dual-core 1.73GHz Pentium T2060 as well as 1GB of RAM are there to keep Vista Home Premium running smoothly; a DVD writer and a 120GB hard drive provide ample storage for the newer OS and the video editing and viewing that Toshiba encourages with the new portable.
The S4527 is destined for retail stores and doesn't have a firm price as with many of the company's online-only systems; however, expect the system to arrive in larger retailers this week at under $800.
Forums April 8
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the recent update to the Mac Pro line which added the option of dual-quad core Xeon processors to Apple's flagship workstation line.... Other users are discussing whether or not optical media is obsolete, and if it should be eliminated from Apple products as the floppy was... One user is asking for opinions as to the value of adding 533MHz DDR2 RAM to a MacBook, which is slower, and cheaper, than the standard RAM used in the laptop.... Other members are discussing 'hidden' or less publicized of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, including quick zooming and resizing tricks.... Meanwhile, one member is questioning what features it would take for respondents to buy a 6th Generation iPod immediately upon release.
￼The half moon design speaks about what to expect overall from the Pure Contour i1 Air Dock: it is a speaker that looks to blend int ...STM Studio for iPad Air
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 8 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies
- Qualcomm Gimbal Bluetooth beacons to compete with Apple's iBeacon - 6 replies