Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WSJ on EMI Event
The special event to be held by EMI tomorrow (with Apple as guest) will be focused on dropping DRM restrictions from music, according to sources speaking with the Wall Street Journal. The financial paper claims that EMI will sell at least some of its music without any copy protection through the iTunes Store and potentially other outlets. Previous reports had at first suggested that the press gathering would see the launch of The Beatles' music online.
Apple, EMI announcement
Apple is expected to make a joint announcement with music label EMI on Monday. Several reports indicate EMI CEO Eric Nicoli will hold an event tomorrow in the U.K. with special guest Apple CEO Steve Jobs, according to an invitation sent to press on Sunday. According to Macworld UK, the invitation reads "Please join EMI Group CEO Eric Nicoli at EMI's headquarters on Monday 2 April at 1pm London/8am New York time to hear about an exciting new digital offering, with special guest, Apple CEO Steve Jobs." The event also includes a special live performance by an unannounced artist, according to the invitation. The report also says that an audio webcast of the press conference will be made available at the EMI Group's website.
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 projector
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple tipsters claim Apple electric minivan in the works - 12 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 10 replies
- Hands On: Records 1.0 (OS X) - 8 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Apple investing $1.9 billion in two new European data centers - 7 replies
- Apple reportedly launching wide public beta of iOS 8.3 in May - 7 replies