Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WSJ on EMI Event
The special event to be held by EMI tomorrow (with Apple as guest) will be focused on dropping DRM restrictions from music, according to sources speaking with the Wall Street Journal. The financial paper claims that EMI will sell at least some of its music without any copy protection through the iTunes Store and potentially other outlets. Previous reports had at first suggested that the press gathering would see the launch of The Beatles' music online.
Apple, EMI announcement
Apple is expected to make a joint announcement with music label EMI on Monday. Several reports indicate EMI CEO Eric Nicoli will hold an event tomorrow in the U.K. with special guest Apple CEO Steve Jobs, according to an invitation sent to press on Sunday. According to Macworld UK, the invitation reads "Please join EMI Group CEO Eric Nicoli at EMI's headquarters on Monday 2 April at 1pm London/8am New York time to hear about an exciting new digital offering, with special guest, Apple CEO Steve Jobs." The event also includes a special live performance by an unannounced artist, according to the invitation. The report also says that an audio webcast of the press conference will be made available at the EMI Group's website.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer at Apple - 12 replies
- Man fined $120 for using Apple Watch while driving - 11 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 7 replies
- Pointers: Sign Your PDFs in Preview - 5 replies
- Apple rolls out Force Touch 15-inch MacBook Pro, new Retina iMac - 5 replies
- Pointers: Make 'Hey Siri' work on Apple Watch - 5 replies
- Pointers: Mastering the OS X Dock - 5 replies
- Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - 4 replies
- Adobe to discontinue iOS Photoshop Touch, plans successor apps [u] - 4 replies
- Editorial: FCC, lawsuits, Net Neutrality, and The Bill of Rights - 4 replies