Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WSJ on EMI Event
The special event to be held by EMI tomorrow (with Apple as guest) will be focused on dropping DRM restrictions from music, according to sources speaking with the Wall Street Journal. The financial paper claims that EMI will sell at least some of its music without any copy protection through the iTunes Store and potentially other outlets. Previous reports had at first suggested that the press gathering would see the launch of The Beatles' music online.
Apple, EMI announcement
Apple is expected to make a joint announcement with music label EMI on Monday. Several reports indicate EMI CEO Eric Nicoli will hold an event tomorrow in the U.K. with special guest Apple CEO Steve Jobs, according to an invitation sent to press on Sunday. According to Macworld UK, the invitation reads "Please join EMI Group CEO Eric Nicoli at EMI's headquarters on Monday 2 April at 1pm London/8am New York time to hear about an exciting new digital offering, with special guest, Apple CEO Steve Jobs." The event also includes a special live performance by an unannounced artist, according to the invitation. The report also says that an audio webcast of the press conference will be made available at the EMI Group's website.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies