Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple TV Full Mac OS X
It's now possible to boot a full version of Mac OS X, a dedicated hobbyist group revealed Saturday evening. A collaborative effort has installed and run the software on the device by sidestepping its processor restrictions in the operating system's kernel, which previously barred all but the custom version of the software from loading properly. The technique results in complete functionality for the USB port -- as accomplished in a separate hack -- and will run standard applications, including the standard version of Apple's Front Row media software.
TomTom RIDER 2 Leaked
TomTom has accidentally posted a Flash animation advertising the RIDER 2, a sequel to its GPS unit for motorcycles and scooters. Few details have surface from the video, but do appear to confirm key details: a new mount clamps to the handlebars to help the new RIDER fit in more locations and to adjust its position; the unit should also make more efficient use of its space with what looks like a larger screen.
The new GPS unit is likely near completion given the posting, and should be officially announced within the next several weeks. Pricing will probably rise higher than the $600 for the current model. [via NaviGadget]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 21 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies