Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple TV Full Mac OS X
It's now possible to boot a full version of Mac OS X, a dedicated hobbyist group revealed Saturday evening. A collaborative effort has installed and run the software on the device by sidestepping its processor restrictions in the operating system's kernel, which previously barred all but the custom version of the software from loading properly. The technique results in complete functionality for the USB port -- as accomplished in a separate hack -- and will run standard applications, including the standard version of Apple's Front Row media software.
TomTom RIDER 2 Leaked
TomTom has accidentally posted a Flash animation advertising the RIDER 2, a sequel to its GPS unit for motorcycles and scooters. Few details have surface from the video, but do appear to confirm key details: a new mount clamps to the handlebars to help the new RIDER fit in more locations and to adjust its position; the unit should also make more efficient use of its space with what looks like a larger screen.
The new GPS unit is likely near completion given the posting, and should be officially announced within the next several weeks. Pricing will probably rise higher than the $600 for the current model. [via NaviGadget]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 8 replies