Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple TV Full Mac OS X
It's now possible to boot a full version of Mac OS X, a dedicated hobbyist group revealed Saturday evening. A collaborative effort has installed and run the software on the device by sidestepping its processor restrictions in the operating system's kernel, which previously barred all but the custom version of the software from loading properly. The technique results in complete functionality for the USB port -- as accomplished in a separate hack -- and will run standard applications, including the standard version of Apple's Front Row media software.
TomTom RIDER 2 Leaked
TomTom has accidentally posted a Flash animation advertising the RIDER 2, a sequel to its GPS unit for motorcycles and scooters. Few details have surface from the video, but do appear to confirm key details: a new mount clamps to the handlebars to help the new RIDER fit in more locations and to adjust its position; the unit should also make more efficient use of its space with what looks like a larger screen.
The new GPS unit is likely near completion given the posting, and should be officially announced within the next several weeks. Pricing will probably rise higher than the $600 for the current model. [via NaviGadget]
It is an exciting time for consumer technology, with gadgets and devices that once used to the stuff of dreams now coming to fruition. ...JBL Synchros Reflect in-ear headphones
All headphones are not created equally, especially when it comes to use during vigorous activities or workouts. Over-the-ear headphone ...Bracketron Power Flex external battery
When we're traveling or just generally out and about, we've taken to bringing a tablet and Bluetooth keyboard with us, rather than a ...
10 Most Discussed
- The Feature Thief: Apple taketh away, sometimes giveth back - 26 replies
- The Feature Thief, part one: Pages - 19 replies
- The Feature Thief, conclusion: AppleWorks and the lessons learned - 19 replies
- The Feature Thief, part three: iWeb - 16 replies
- Apple updates Watch support page, admits tattoos may be a problem - 15 replies
- The Feature Thief, part two: Final Cut Pro, iMovie, iDVD - 11 replies
- Google cuts YouTube support for older Apple TV, Google TV, iOS devices - 9 replies
- Researcher: OS X 'Rootpipe' attack fix not reliable, attacks possible - 8 replies
- Wrist tattoos may interfere with Apple Watch functions, reports say - 8 replies
- Flaw in iPad 'flight bag' software grounds AA flights [U] - 7 replies