Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Forums March 24
Forums roundup: Members are discussing whether or not now is a good time to buy Apple laptops, which could be updated later this spring according to some reports.... Other users are discussing the best way to clean a MacBook screen, with suggestions ranging from microfiber cloth to Q-tips and tape... One user is wondering how good refurb Apples are, who is considering buying a refurb MacBook.... Other members are discussing the apparent issues Mac Pro users have when using Seagate hard drives, including discussion of potential solutions.... Meanwhile, other members are trying to explain the purpose of AppleTV compared to other solutions that with similar end results.
Apple TV reports continue
Apple's new set-top device has brought a plethora of new reports on Apple TV, with some interesting new features and hacks revealed on the internet. In addition to modifying the device to run XviD files, users have upgraded the installed hard drive, while one review has posted more detailed photos of a Apple TV dissection.
Pantech 3G Phone at FCC
Pantech is preparing a 3G wireless phone that should be available through AT&T, according to a newly discovered FCC filing. The Pantech C600 clamshell will offer high-speed mobile Internet through HSDPA (and UMTS for European roaming) but will have relatively modest specifications elsewhere to keep the price low. A VGA camera, Bluetooth, and a microSD slot for media storage are the extent of the secondary features.
While no release date has been uncovered for the phone as part of its public appearance, the end of a confidentiality agreement plus the recent update of the manual to reflect AT&T branding suggests the phone should be available within the next few months at the latest. Full photos follow after the break.
Although the new darling of the Apple MacBook line up is the all-new MacBook, Apple has given its popular 13-inch MacBook Pro with Ret ...Griffin Twenty
A few years ago Griffin launched the original Twenty, a small digital amp that used an AirPort Express to turn any set of passive spea ...Seagate Wireless
It seems like no matter how much internal storage is included today's mobile devices, we, as users, will always find a way to fill th ...
10 Most Discussed
- Hands On: Photos 1.0 (OS X) - 34 replies
- Apple patches root escalation in Yosemite, older may not see patch - 18 replies
- First Look: All-new 12-inch Apple MacBook - 18 replies
- Apple releases OS X 10.10.3, Photos for Mac, iOS 8.3 - 17 replies
- Backup Utility Smackdown (OS X) - 16 replies
- Apple updates iTunes, declares 2009 MacBook Pros obsolete - 13 replies
- Apple Watch: Pre-orders live, delays, Apple Care+ prices revealed [U] - 11 replies
- Google ARC Welder allows Android apps to run in Chrome browser - 10 replies
- Pointers: don't forward your OS X Mail, redirect it - 8 replies
- Living With and Without: Time Machine - 7 replies