Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MSI M673 Notebook
MSI grew its notebook line on Friday and rolled out the M673. Unlike most portables in its class, the 15.4-inch MSI system is prepared to compete with more expensive rivals. Every model has a 256MB GeForce Go 7400 graphics chip to drive the Aero Glass interface of Vista Home Premium as well as 3D games. Equally ubiquitous is a 6-in-1 card reader for smaller formats such as Memory Sticks or SD cards.
The key, the company notes, is the ability to scale. A basic system can b equipped with a CPU as modest as a single-core 1.6GHz AMD Sempron, a 60GB hard disk, and a DVD/CD-RW combo drive; faster models can ramp up to a dual-core 2GHz Turion 64 X2, a 120GB disk, and a DVD-RW drive. Owners can also specify a 1.3-megapixel webcam and Bluetooth. It should be available now but with open prices depending on the reseller. [via PC Launches]
It is an exciting time for consumer technology, with gadgets and devices that once used to the stuff of dreams now coming to fruition. ...JBL Synchros Reflect in-ear headphones
All headphones are not created equally, especially when it comes to use during vigorous activities or workouts. Over-the-ear headphone ...Bracketron Power Flex external battery
When we're traveling or just generally out and about, we've taken to bringing a tablet and Bluetooth keyboard with us, rather than a ...
10 Most Discussed
- The Feature Thief: Apple taketh away, sometimes giveth back - 26 replies
- The Feature Thief, part one: Pages - 19 replies
- The Feature Thief, conclusion: AppleWorks and the lessons learned - 19 replies
- The Feature Thief, part three: iWeb - 16 replies
- Apple updates Watch support page, admits tattoos may be a problem - 15 replies
- The Feature Thief, part two: Final Cut Pro, iMovie, iDVD - 11 replies
- Google cuts YouTube support for older Apple TV, Google TV, iOS devices - 9 replies
- Researcher: OS X 'Rootpipe' attack fix not reliable, attacks possible - 8 replies
- Wrist tattoos may interfere with Apple Watch functions, reports say - 8 replies
- Flaw in iPad 'flight bag' software grounds AA flights [U] - 7 replies