Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MSI M673 Notebook
MSI grew its notebook line on Friday and rolled out the M673. Unlike most portables in its class, the 15.4-inch MSI system is prepared to compete with more expensive rivals. Every model has a 256MB GeForce Go 7400 graphics chip to drive the Aero Glass interface of Vista Home Premium as well as 3D games. Equally ubiquitous is a 6-in-1 card reader for smaller formats such as Memory Sticks or SD cards.
The key, the company notes, is the ability to scale. A basic system can b equipped with a CPU as modest as a single-core 1.6GHz AMD Sempron, a 60GB hard disk, and a DVD/CD-RW combo drive; faster models can ramp up to a dual-core 2GHz Turion 64 X2, a 120GB disk, and a DVD-RW drive. Owners can also specify a 1.3-megapixel webcam and Bluetooth. It should be available now but with open prices depending on the reseller. [via PC Launches]
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- New iOS 8.1.2 release solves problems with missing ringtones - 6 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies