Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Internet TV for Intel Macs
Joost offering a limited beta program for its software to users with Intel-based Macs. The interactive software is used to distribute TV shows and other forms of video over the Web using peer-to-peer tv technology, which leverages the computer of users viewing video content to distribute the content to others. Created by founders of Skype and Kazaa, Joost claims to offer a new way of watching TV on the internet: "We're in the process of making it as TV-like as we can, with programmes, channels and adverts." Users can search for programming and channels, which are currently much like playlists of videos that allow users to change channels.
Forums Feb 18
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the potential for Apple to release a sub-notebook Mac, after several recent rumours have gained credibility.... Other users are discussing the possibility of unlocking the iPhone after it is released later this year.... One user is seeking help concerning their new MacBook Pro having no serial number, leaving the owner wondering if it may have been stolen.... Other members are discussing the comments by one member stating that the iMac's native resolution is too low, explaining 1920x1200 is better suited for 15-inch laptops.... Meanwhile, some members are discussing the potential for ATI's X2800XT to come to Mac, citing a recent rumour.
Home automation fans have been getting their fair share of gadgets and accessories in the last few years. Starting with light bulbs, a ...Razer Kraken Pro headset
Gaming headphones are a challenge to get right, for a long list of reasons that are unique to the consumer buying them. Some shoppers ...Patriot Aero Wireless Mobile Drive
Regardless of how large a tablet you buy, you always want more space. There's always one more movie or another album you'd cram on, ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 10 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies
- New iTunes 11.3 brings iTunes Extras for HD movies - 7 replies