Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Internet TV for Intel Macs
Joost offering a limited beta program for its software to users with Intel-based Macs. The interactive software is used to distribute TV shows and other forms of video over the Web using peer-to-peer tv technology, which leverages the computer of users viewing video content to distribute the content to others. Created by founders of Skype and Kazaa, Joost claims to offer a new way of watching TV on the internet: "We're in the process of making it as TV-like as we can, with programmes, channels and adverts." Users can search for programming and channels, which are currently much like playlists of videos that allow users to change channels.
Forums Feb 18
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the potential for Apple to release a sub-notebook Mac, after several recent rumours have gained credibility.... Other users are discussing the possibility of unlocking the iPhone after it is released later this year.... One user is seeking help concerning their new MacBook Pro having no serial number, leaving the owner wondering if it may have been stolen.... Other members are discussing the comments by one member stating that the iMac's native resolution is too low, explaining 1920x1200 is better suited for 15-inch laptops.... Meanwhile, some members are discussing the potential for ATI's X2800XT to come to Mac, citing a recent rumour.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 41 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 8 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies
- Pono struggling to expand due to lack of resources, no new CEO - 6 replies