Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Internet TV for Intel Macs
Joost offering a limited beta program for its software to users with Intel-based Macs. The interactive software is used to distribute TV shows and other forms of video over the Web using peer-to-peer tv technology, which leverages the computer of users viewing video content to distribute the content to others. Created by founders of Skype and Kazaa, Joost claims to offer a new way of watching TV on the internet: "We're in the process of making it as TV-like as we can, with programmes, channels and adverts." Users can search for programming and channels, which are currently much like playlists of videos that allow users to change channels.
Forums Feb 18
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the potential for Apple to release a sub-notebook Mac, after several recent rumours have gained credibility.... Other users are discussing the possibility of unlocking the iPhone after it is released later this year.... One user is seeking help concerning their new MacBook Pro having no serial number, leaving the owner wondering if it may have been stolen.... Other members are discussing the comments by one member stating that the iMac's native resolution is too low, explaining 1920x1200 is better suited for 15-inch laptops.... Meanwhile, some members are discussing the potential for ATI's X2800XT to come to Mac, citing a recent rumour.
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...OmniPlan (OS X, iOS)
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 projector
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 11 replies
- New Jersey man hospitalized by exploded iPhone 5c battery - 10 replies
- Samsung Pay electronic payment system deployed in Galaxy S6, S6 edge - 8 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Hands On: Records 1.0 (OS X) - 8 replies
- Apple reportedly launching wide public beta of iOS 8.3 in May - 7 replies