Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Internet TV for Intel Macs
Joost offering a limited beta program for its software to users with Intel-based Macs. The interactive software is used to distribute TV shows and other forms of video over the Web using peer-to-peer tv technology, which leverages the computer of users viewing video content to distribute the content to others. Created by founders of Skype and Kazaa, Joost claims to offer a new way of watching TV on the internet: "We're in the process of making it as TV-like as we can, with programmes, channels and adverts." Users can search for programming and channels, which are currently much like playlists of videos that allow users to change channels.
Forums Feb 18
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the potential for Apple to release a sub-notebook Mac, after several recent rumours have gained credibility.... Other users are discussing the possibility of unlocking the iPhone after it is released later this year.... One user is seeking help concerning their new MacBook Pro having no serial number, leaving the owner wondering if it may have been stolen.... Other members are discussing the comments by one member stating that the iMac's native resolution is too low, explaining 1920x1200 is better suited for 15-inch laptops.... Meanwhile, some members are discussing the potential for ATI's X2800XT to come to Mac, citing a recent rumour.
Five years ago, we thought that by the end of 2013 there'd be a bigger market for e-book readers. Then, along came the tablet that Jo ...Sans Digital TowerRAID TR8M6G eSATA array
Regardless of what Cupertino would like us to believe with the new cylindrical Mac Pro, there are needs for vast amounts of hard-drive ...iHome Bluetooth iB75 Wireless Sports Earphone
Finding a good pair of headphones for a midnight jog is hard. An over the ear set is either flopping around on your head, falling off, ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple signals end of Snow Leopard support with Safari snub? - 19 replies
- New Android ioPhone mimics Apple's iPhone 5c style - 15 replies
- European Parliament to vote on single smartphone charger law - 15 replies
- Rumor: Microsoft to take on iPad mini with 1080p Surface mini - 13 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 10 replies
- Apple debuts 90-second holiday TV ad, 'Misunderstood' - 10 replies
- Report: Apple's 64-bit A7 chip 'stunned' the chipmaking industry - 10 replies
- Southwest Airlines offers $2 in-flight iMessages, Android coming - 7 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies