Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple forces AT&T's hand
Apple's entry into cell phone market will not only revolutionize the handset market, but is also changing the way mobile carriers do business. A new Wall Street Journal report claims that Apple has forced AT&T (Cingular)--its exclusive partner for the iPhone in the US--to "Think Different," forcing the normally heavy-handed mobile carrier to relinquish control of the development process and winning many concessions from the largest cell phone carrier in the US. The report also claims that Apple has negotiated to a deal to share a portion of the monthly revenues from subscribers, changing the way handset makers and retailers do business with mobile carriers.
Telus EVDO Rev A
Canadian cell provider Telus started the weekend by introducing the first Canadian instance of EVDO Revision A broadband. As with similar services introduced in recent months by Sprint and Verizon, the new Internet access method dramatically improves real-world speeds, particulary for uploading: while downloads vary in practice between 450 and 800Kbps, uploads are almost as quick at 300 to 400Kbps. The enhanced speed is ideal for pro photographers or others who might need to send larger files away from a Wi-Fi hotspot, Telus says.
With over-the-top content options growing past Hulu and Netflix, consumers may be finding it harder to justify paying a monthly fee fo ...Sound Blaster Roar Bluetooth speaker
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...
10 Most Discussed
- CurrentC CEO, COO field questions about data breach, Apple Pay block - 23 replies
- CVS throws in with Rite Aid, blocks Apple Pay and Google Wallet - 22 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out as gay in new essay - 17 replies
- Apple responds to CVS, Rite Aid blocking Apple Pay - 17 replies
- CurrentC payment system customer emails stolen - 14 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the new $499 Mac mini - 13 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- Amex web page promotes Apple Pay, adds directions for linking cards - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies