Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple forces AT&T's hand
Apple's entry into cell phone market will not only revolutionize the handset market, but is also changing the way mobile carriers do business. A new Wall Street Journal report claims that Apple has forced AT&T (Cingular)--its exclusive partner for the iPhone in the US--to "Think Different," forcing the normally heavy-handed mobile carrier to relinquish control of the development process and winning many concessions from the largest cell phone carrier in the US. The report also claims that Apple has negotiated to a deal to share a portion of the monthly revenues from subscribers, changing the way handset makers and retailers do business with mobile carriers.
Telus EVDO Rev A
Canadian cell provider Telus started the weekend by introducing the first Canadian instance of EVDO Revision A broadband. As with similar services introduced in recent months by Sprint and Verizon, the new Internet access method dramatically improves real-world speeds, particulary for uploading: while downloads vary in practice between 450 and 800Kbps, uploads are almost as quick at 300 to 400Kbps. The enhanced speed is ideal for pro photographers or others who might need to send larger files away from a Wi-Fi hotspot, Telus says.
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...
10 Most Discussed
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 18 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 13 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- FCC redefines broadband speeds as 25Mbps downloads, 3Mbps uploads - 11 replies
- Repatriation bill offers tax break for US return of foreign profits - 11 replies
- Cook still bullish on iPad despite softening demand - 10 replies
- Adobe updates Flash again due to critical security flaw - 9 replies
- Apple posts $74.6B in Q1 revenues based on iPhone, Mac sales - 8 replies