Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple forces AT&T's hand
Apple's entry into cell phone market will not only revolutionize the handset market, but is also changing the way mobile carriers do business. A new Wall Street Journal report claims that Apple has forced AT&T (Cingular)--its exclusive partner for the iPhone in the US--to "Think Different," forcing the normally heavy-handed mobile carrier to relinquish control of the development process and winning many concessions from the largest cell phone carrier in the US. The report also claims that Apple has negotiated to a deal to share a portion of the monthly revenues from subscribers, changing the way handset makers and retailers do business with mobile carriers.
Telus EVDO Rev A
Canadian cell provider Telus started the weekend by introducing the first Canadian instance of EVDO Revision A broadband. As with similar services introduced in recent months by Sprint and Verizon, the new Internet access method dramatically improves real-world speeds, particulary for uploading: while downloads vary in practice between 450 and 800Kbps, uploads are almost as quick at 300 to 400Kbps. The enhanced speed is ideal for pro photographers or others who might need to send larger files away from a Wi-Fi hotspot, Telus says.
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...Narrative Clip
With the advent of social media technology, people have been searching for new ways to share the events of their daily lives -- be it ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 20 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 13 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 12 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Shareholder files suit against Cook, executives over e-book collusion - 10 replies
- Apple cagey about Watch battery life, working on improvements - 10 replies