Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple forces AT&T's hand
Apple's entry into cell phone market will not only revolutionize the handset market, but is also changing the way mobile carriers do business. A new Wall Street Journal report claims that Apple has forced AT&T (Cingular)--its exclusive partner for the iPhone in the US--to "Think Different," forcing the normally heavy-handed mobile carrier to relinquish control of the development process and winning many concessions from the largest cell phone carrier in the US. The report also claims that Apple has negotiated to a deal to share a portion of the monthly revenues from subscribers, changing the way handset makers and retailers do business with mobile carriers.
Telus EVDO Rev A
Canadian cell provider Telus started the weekend by introducing the first Canadian instance of EVDO Revision A broadband. As with similar services introduced in recent months by Sprint and Verizon, the new Internet access method dramatically improves real-world speeds, particulary for uploading: while downloads vary in practice between 450 and 800Kbps, uploads are almost as quick at 300 to 400Kbps. The enhanced speed is ideal for pro photographers or others who might need to send larger files away from a Wi-Fi hotspot, Telus says.
With high-definition televisions now the standard, 4K televisions becoming the next big thing, and plasma TVs going the way of the din ...Life n Soul 8 Driver Bluetooth headphones
When it comes to music on the go, consumers generally have some options to consider when looking for the best experience. While Blueto ...Pure Jongo T2 wireless speaker
Multi-room audio compatibility is a key metric for wireless sound systems these days. The entry cost into a house-spanning system can ...
10 Most Discussed
- Oregon Apple Store 'slur' incident being investigated - 31 replies
- US cybersecurity chief claims lack of experience not important to job - 16 replies
- T-Mobile announces plan to throttle those abusing 'unlimited' data - 11 replies
- Quicken 2015 for Mac brings new features, strips others - 10 replies
- Claim: Apple's iMessage accounts for 30 percent of all mobile spam - 8 replies
- Schematics suggest iPhone 6 may come in 16, 64, and 128GB models - 8 replies
- Apple releases second public OS X Yosemite beta, new iTunes 12 test - 8 replies
- Apple shareholder suit accuses Cook, Jobs, others of misconduct - 7 replies
- Digital credit card replacement Coin calls for 10,000 more testers - 7 replies
- USB governance group ratifies Type C connector, USB 3.1 specification - 7 replies