Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Omnifone iTunes Rival
The young British firm Omnifone opened the 3GSM expo in Barcelona tonight with MusicStation, a software and service combination the newcomer hopes can directly challenge both iTunes and its connection to the iPhone. Central to the design is a consciously iPod-influenced jukebox program, the company said. Installing on top of any Java or Symbian phone, regardless of carrier, the software is built to recreate the experience of both a dedicated portable music player as well as an online store. The extra layer will give an iPhone-like experience without the absolute need for a computer, Omnifone claimed.
The platform also differs from most phone-based music stores by relying solely on a weekly subscription model that adapts to the user's tastes. In addition to offering unlimited downloads in a protected eAAC+ format, MusicStation said the service will automatically recommend concerts, music, and news based on listening habits. Social networking with friend, song rankings, and shared playlists will also be part of the standard service, which has music from all the major labels as well as independents.
The Jorno Bluetooth keyboard and stand for tablets certainly looks nice. The gunmetal grey shell of the keyboard looks great while the ...Apple 12-inch Retina MacBook
It is an exciting time for consumer technology, with gadgets and devices that once used to the stuff of dreams now coming to fruition. ...JBL Synchros Reflect in-ear headphones
All headphones are not created equally, especially when it comes to use during vigorous activities or workouts. Over-the-ear headphone ...
10 Most Discussed
- The Feature Thief: Apple taketh away, sometimes giveth back - 26 replies
- The Feature Thief, conclusion: AppleWorks and the lessons learned - 24 replies
- The Feature Thief, part one: Pages - 19 replies
- The Feature Thief, part three: iWeb - 16 replies
- Apple updates Watch support page, admits tattoos may be a problem - 15 replies
- The Feature Thief, part two: Final Cut Pro, iMovie, iDVD - 11 replies
- Google cuts YouTube support for older Apple TV, Google TV, iOS devices - 9 replies
- Wrist tattoos may interfere with Apple Watch functions, reports say - 8 replies
- Google unveils new scheme to acquire unwanted patents - 7 replies
- New Apple Watch bands revealed by Ive, Newson at Milan showcase - 7 replies