updated 02:50 pm EST, Mon February 5, 2007
Doom 3, Valentina, Eureka!
- Doom 3 1.3.1 Rev A ($50) is the latest version of id Software's horror-themed first-person shooter. The revision fixes a physics crash and reduces stalling due to DNS lookups. The update also resolves issues related to downloading PAK files. The game requires Mac OS X 10.3.8, a computer with a 1.5GHz CPU, and an ATI or Nvidia graphics card with at least 64MB of memory. [Download - 11.68MB]
- Valentina 2.5.5 ($60) represents the newest version of both the Valentina database software and Valentina Office Server. The update improves database dumps from mySQL AB, and Office Server ($300) includes support for Ruby on Rails. [Download - 32.77MB]
- Eureka! Personal Edition 1.1.2 ($25) is a file search and management tool that sorts files into user-defined categories, rather than those predefined by Mac OS. The update includes graphics and GUI fixes for problems window stretching, and integrates help information directly into the software. [Download - 2.37MB]
- Dragster 1.0.2 ($20) is a file transfer utility that sits in the Dock, designed to replace or complement existing FTP clients. Users simply drag files to the icon and select one of a number of shortcuts. Version 1.0.2 fixes a bug that blocked connections to Windows File Sharing servers, and the software requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later. [Download - 6.66MB]
- SafariSpeed 2.1 ($8) aims to improve the speed of Apple's Safari Web browser, eliminating unnecessary caching as well as the one-second page-loading delay. The latest revision adds further code improvements, and lays the groundwork for future localizations scheduled in an upcoming patch. The application should work with any Mac that supports Safari, according to the developer, but achieves the best results with broadband connections. [Download - 2.5MB]
- Dominoes 4.0 ($20) combines several iterations of the classic tabletop game, from Draw and Block up to Matador and Mexican Train. The latest release is a Universal Binary that runs natively on Intel-based Macs, and bases the graphics engine on Apple's Quartz technology. Dominoes 4.0 requires Mac OS X 10.3 or higher. [Download - 1.6MB]