Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New Zunes in 2007
Microsoft is set to introduce new Zune models and bring the line to Europe by the end of 2007, company marketing director Jason Reindorp told Reuters today. While admitting that the company had to set realistic expectations for its fledgling player line, which is still on track to sell a million units by June, Reindorp said he was "happy" with the initial reaction to the device in the US and that a European launch and more Zune models were likely by the end of this year.
"The industry moves in this sort of Christmas to Christmas cycle. So you can expect that there will be more devices, more features in the market at that point," the Microsoft director said.
His statement may reveal an escalation in the company's attempts to provide a serious competitor to the iPod, as Microsoft had previously warned that a release in Britain was unlikely until 2008. The firm had also remained vague about future products in the past, saying only that additional models were certain to arrive in the future.
Home automation fans have been getting their fair share of gadgets and accessories in the last few years. Starting with light bulbs, a ...Razer Kraken Pro headset
Gaming headphones are a challenge to get right, for a long list of reasons that are unique to the consumer buying them. Some shoppers ...Patriot Aero Wireless Mobile Drive
Regardless of how large a tablet you buy, you always want more space. There's always one more movie or another album you'd cram on, ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies
- Apple's iPad may pose risks for people with nickel allergies - 7 replies
- New iTunes 11.3 brings iTunes Extras for HD movies - 7 replies