Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New Zunes in 2007
Microsoft is set to introduce new Zune models and bring the line to Europe by the end of 2007, company marketing director Jason Reindorp told Reuters today. While admitting that the company had to set realistic expectations for its fledgling player line, which is still on track to sell a million units by June, Reindorp said he was "happy" with the initial reaction to the device in the US and that a European launch and more Zune models were likely by the end of this year.
"The industry moves in this sort of Christmas to Christmas cycle. So you can expect that there will be more devices, more features in the market at that point," the Microsoft director said.
His statement may reveal an escalation in the company's attempts to provide a serious competitor to the iPod, as Microsoft had previously warned that a release in Britain was unlikely until 2008. The firm had also remained vague about future products in the past, saying only that additional models were certain to arrive in the future.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 21 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies
- Editorial: Apple's iOS purchase-history purge disrespects users - 8 replies