Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New Zunes in 2007
Microsoft is set to introduce new Zune models and bring the line to Europe by the end of 2007, company marketing director Jason Reindorp told Reuters today. While admitting that the company had to set realistic expectations for its fledgling player line, which is still on track to sell a million units by June, Reindorp said he was "happy" with the initial reaction to the device in the US and that a European launch and more Zune models were likely by the end of this year.
"The industry moves in this sort of Christmas to Christmas cycle. So you can expect that there will be more devices, more features in the market at that point," the Microsoft director said.
His statement may reveal an escalation in the company's attempts to provide a serious competitor to the iPod, as Microsoft had previously warned that a release in Britain was unlikely until 2008. The firm had also remained vague about future products in the past, saying only that additional models were certain to arrive in the future.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...Entry-level 27-inch Retina iMac
The 27-inch Apple iMac with 5K Retina display is already one of the best value-for-money Macs that Apple has ever released. It was som ...
10 Most Discussed
- Neil Young says he will pull music catalog from streaming services - 24 replies
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Apple takes lid off 64-bit A8 iPod touch, now up to 128GB - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies