Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Mysterious BMW Device
Automaker BMW today launched a teaser campaign for what the company only refers to as a new product. While deliberately eluding a firm description of its role and providing only vague imagery (pictured), the company promises Bluetooth support, a DVD drive, MP3 playback, and voice recognition -- suggesting a higher end, in-car stereo and navigation hybrid similar to BMW's existing iDrive system. However, the company adds that low power consumption and a self-recharging capability are included with the unknown device, indicating the possibility of a handheld or otherwise portable unit that could be removed from the car.
No other details have been released, including an official launch date. The company is likely to time the announcement of the new device for the beginning of the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) on January 7th.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 30 replies
- European Parliament vote approves draft law for single phone charger - 15 replies
- Productivity shootout: iPad Air v. Surface 2 v. HP Chromebook 11 - 11 replies
- Apple debuts special page for iOS 7.1 release - 11 replies
- Neil Young-backed PonoPlayer hits target within 24 hours - 11 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Office for Mac to get new version this year, says Microsoft exec - 9 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- SXSW Snowden speech calls for mass encryption, public NSA oversight - 8 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies