Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Mysterious BMW Device
Automaker BMW today launched a teaser campaign for what the company only refers to as a new product. While deliberately eluding a firm description of its role and providing only vague imagery (pictured), the company promises Bluetooth support, a DVD drive, MP3 playback, and voice recognition -- suggesting a higher end, in-car stereo and navigation hybrid similar to BMW's existing iDrive system. However, the company adds that low power consumption and a self-recharging capability are included with the unknown device, indicating the possibility of a handheld or otherwise portable unit that could be removed from the car.
No other details have been released, including an official launch date. The company is likely to time the announcement of the new device for the beginning of the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) on January 7th.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Man fined $120 for using Apple Watch while driving - 15 replies
- Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer at Apple - 12 replies
- Pointers: Mastering the OS X Dock - 5 replies
- Apple rolls out Force Touch 15-inch MacBook Pro, new Retina iMac - 5 replies
- Pointers: Sign Your PDFs in Preview - 5 replies
- Adobe to discontinue iOS Photoshop Touch, plans successor apps [u] - 4 replies
- Editorial: FCC, lawsuits, Net Neutrality, and The Bill of Rights - 4 replies
- Amazon same-day delivery adds free option for Amazon Prime members - 4 replies
- Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - 4 replies
- Ex-GT Advanced AZ Apple facility suffers roof fire, cause unknown - 4 replies