Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Mysterious BMW Device
Automaker BMW today launched a teaser campaign for what the company only refers to as a new product. While deliberately eluding a firm description of its role and providing only vague imagery (pictured), the company promises Bluetooth support, a DVD drive, MP3 playback, and voice recognition -- suggesting a higher end, in-car stereo and navigation hybrid similar to BMW's existing iDrive system. However, the company adds that low power consumption and a self-recharging capability are included with the unknown device, indicating the possibility of a handheld or otherwise portable unit that could be removed from the car.
No other details have been released, including an official launch date. The company is likely to time the announcement of the new device for the beginning of the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) on January 7th.
With over-the-top content options growing past Hulu and Netflix, consumers may be finding it harder to justify paying a monthly fee fo ...Sound Blaster Roar Bluetooth speaker
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...
10 Most Discussed
- CurrentC CEO, COO field questions about data breach, Apple Pay block - 23 replies
- CVS throws in with Rite Aid, blocks Apple Pay and Google Wallet - 22 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out as gay in new essay - 17 replies
- Apple responds to CVS, Rite Aid blocking Apple Pay - 17 replies
- CurrentC payment system customer emails stolen - 14 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the new $499 Mac mini - 13 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- Amex web page promotes Apple Pay, adds directions for linking cards - 12 replies
- Microsoft smartwatch touted for launch within weeks, sale soon after - 11 replies