Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Mysterious BMW Device
Automaker BMW today launched a teaser campaign for what the company only refers to as a new product. While deliberately eluding a firm description of its role and providing only vague imagery (pictured), the company promises Bluetooth support, a DVD drive, MP3 playback, and voice recognition -- suggesting a higher end, in-car stereo and navigation hybrid similar to BMW's existing iDrive system. However, the company adds that low power consumption and a self-recharging capability are included with the unknown device, indicating the possibility of a handheld or otherwise portable unit that could be removed from the car.
No other details have been released, including an official launch date. The company is likely to time the announcement of the new device for the beginning of the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) on January 7th.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 65 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Customer wins in lawsuit over data loss caused by Apple Store repair - 7 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies