Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
"Get a Mac" ads earn kudos
Apple's Get a Mac ads were voted among the best ads for 2006, according to The Wall Street Journal. The publication compiled a list of the Best (and Worst) Ads of '06 that featured CareerBuilder.com, KFC, Philips Norelco, Apple and Sprint Nextel Corp among the top ads. "A series of [Apple] ads that played out on TV and the Web show the Apple Mac, represented by a hip-looking young man, debating its features with the PC, represented by a paunchy, nerdy-looking fellow. The Mac-man -- played by actor Justin Long, star of the film 'Accepted,' is clever, fun and handy -- he can communicate with all sorts of different people, and knows how to come up with pictures and music. The PC, played by another actor known to the youth crowd, 'Daily Show' commentator John Hodgman, is decidedly less hip, and is always amazed, humbled or befuddled by Mac's never-ending range of abilities." Marketing gimmicks by Walmart, Head On, Gillette, Outback Steakhouse, and DaimlerChrysler AG were among "The Worst," as picked by the publication.
Mustek LCD TVs
Video device builder Mustek, normally known for its portable video players, late yesterday revealed that it will announce its first line of LCD televisions in time for January's CES show. Leading the introductions will be the LTV-4210, a 42-inch LCD capable of a full 1080p resolution. The set should be feature-laden and will have both HDMI and VGA inputs for digital sources, ATSC (HDTV) and NTSC tuners, and a 10-watt speaker system. The panel should provide a quicker than average 6.5ms pixel response time and a 1,200:1 contrast ratio.
Accompanying the large LCD will be 32-inch and 27-inch models capable of 720p. Mustek has not revealed its pricing strategy, but is expected to compete aggressively with Vizio, Westinghouse, and other budget TV manufacturers.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimately there's one thing we all want from smartphone accessories; we want options. When it comes to keeping our iPhone charged, w ...iHome iBT74 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
There's no reason why your tech can't look good while doing what it was designed to do. That's the reason that sports cars look goo ...Logitech Gaming Daedalus Prime Mouse
Logitech Gaming continues to expand upon its peripherals line, with each one looking to fit neatly into a breadth of gaming needs. Bui ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple Music launch cripples Home Sharing, alters iTunes Match - 17 replies
- Apple retracts App Store games with Confederate flag imagery [u] - 14 replies
- Cue: Apple will pay royalties for three-month free Music trial - 11 replies
- Apple Music, iOS 8.4 update are on the air; servers hammered [u] - 11 replies
- Classic Mac OS System 7.5.5 made to run on Apple Watch - 10 replies
- Universal issues first full 'Steve Jobs' movie trailer - 9 replies
- Comment: An independent artist's view on Apple Music - 9 replies
- Hands On: iOS 9 Preview for iPad Air 2 - 8 replies
- Apple updates OS X to 10.10.4; includes networking, Mail, Photos fixes - 8 replies
- Editorial: Pardon? You don't like Apple Music? - 7 replies