Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
"Get a Mac" ads earn kudos
Apple's Get a Mac ads were voted among the best ads for 2006, according to The Wall Street Journal. The publication compiled a list of the Best (and Worst) Ads of '06 that featured CareerBuilder.com, KFC, Philips Norelco, Apple and Sprint Nextel Corp among the top ads. "A series of [Apple] ads that played out on TV and the Web show the Apple Mac, represented by a hip-looking young man, debating its features with the PC, represented by a paunchy, nerdy-looking fellow. The Mac-man -- played by actor Justin Long, star of the film 'Accepted,' is clever, fun and handy -- he can communicate with all sorts of different people, and knows how to come up with pictures and music. The PC, played by another actor known to the youth crowd, 'Daily Show' commentator John Hodgman, is decidedly less hip, and is always amazed, humbled or befuddled by Mac's never-ending range of abilities." Marketing gimmicks by Walmart, Head On, Gillette, Outback Steakhouse, and DaimlerChrysler AG were among "The Worst," as picked by the publication.
Mustek LCD TVs
Video device builder Mustek, normally known for its portable video players, late yesterday revealed that it will announce its first line of LCD televisions in time for January's CES show. Leading the introductions will be the LTV-4210, a 42-inch LCD capable of a full 1080p resolution. The set should be feature-laden and will have both HDMI and VGA inputs for digital sources, ATSC (HDTV) and NTSC tuners, and a 10-watt speaker system. The panel should provide a quicker than average 6.5ms pixel response time and a 1,200:1 contrast ratio.
Accompanying the large LCD will be 32-inch and 27-inch models capable of 720p. Mustek has not revealed its pricing strategy, but is expected to compete aggressively with Vizio, Westinghouse, and other budget TV manufacturers.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- First Look: Microsoft Surface 3 - 8 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 7 replies
- Microsoft reveals six versions of Windows 10 inbound this summer - 6 replies
- Apple, Leica working to resolve bug that could corrupt Photos library - 6 replies
- Verizon, Sprint agree to pay $158M settlement with FCC over 'cramming' - 5 replies
- Pointers: Mastering the OS X Dock - 5 replies
- Review: FileMaker Pro 14 (OS X, iOS, Windows) - 5 replies
- Pointers: Make 'Hey Siri' work on Apple Watch - 5 replies
- Apple rolls out Force Touch 15-inch MacBook Pro, new Retina iMac - 5 replies
- Briefly: Apple intervenes in Shack sale; SF churches take Apple Pay - 4 replies