Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
XFX Overclocked GF 8800
Board manufacturer XFX said late Friday that it will be the first video card producer to release factory-overclocked GeForce 8800 models. Both the range-topping 8800 GTX XXX and more mainstream 8800 GTS XXX have received NVIDIA's blessing to run at core and memory speeds well above default, boosting performance without requiring improved cooling. The former model sees its core increase from 575MHz to 630MHz, while its memory is increased to an effective 2GHz; the GTS variant, in turn, steps up from 500MHz to 550MHz for the main processor and from 1.6GHz to 1.8GHz for memory.
The company says it has tuned the BIOS of each card for enhanced performance, although it doesn't elaborate on improvements beyond the recognition of the cards' higher stock speeds. Other aspects of the hardware remain untouched and include dual, dual-link DVI connectors with HDCP encryption support. The XXX-series cards will ship soon, XFX says, at premium prices of $650 for the flagship GTX model and $500 for the GTS.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 21 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 17 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Apple Music subscriptions kill ALAC playback on iOS - 13 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- My Stupid Fault: don't look back in anger - 8 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 7 replies
- Apple releases Diversity Report, minority hiring up - 7 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies