Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
XFX Overclocked GF 8800
Board manufacturer XFX said late Friday that it will be the first video card producer to release factory-overclocked GeForce 8800 models. Both the range-topping 8800 GTX XXX and more mainstream 8800 GTS XXX have received NVIDIA's blessing to run at core and memory speeds well above default, boosting performance without requiring improved cooling. The former model sees its core increase from 575MHz to 630MHz, while its memory is increased to an effective 2GHz; the GTS variant, in turn, steps up from 500MHz to 550MHz for the main processor and from 1.6GHz to 1.8GHz for memory.
The company says it has tuned the BIOS of each card for enhanced performance, although it doesn't elaborate on improvements beyond the recognition of the cards' higher stock speeds. Other aspects of the hardware remain untouched and include dual, dual-link DVI connectors with HDCP encryption support. The XXX-series cards will ship soon, XFX says, at premium prices of $650 for the flagship GTX model and $500 for the GTS.
Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD
Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...Lemur BlueDriver
"Oh no, the check engine light is on…again! What one of the hundreds of reasons could it be this time? Probably going to cost a for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple pursuing 'aggressive expansion' in enterprise market - 15 replies
- Opinion: Senator Ted Cruz off the mark with net neutrality comments - 15 replies
- Spotify paid over $2B in royalties, CEO responds to Taylor Swift - 12 replies
- Some Safari users experiencing severe YouTube playback problems - 12 replies
- FCC chairman rejects President's call for Title II ISP regulation - 11 replies
- AT&T could shelve gigabit fiber investments over net neutrality rules - 10 replies
- First Look: Apple iMac with 5K Retina Display - 10 replies
- Apple must face lawsuit over iMessage's lost texts, says Judge Koh - 10 replies
- Xiaomi looking to overtake Apple, Samsung in the next 10 years - 9 replies
- Watchmakers issue cease-and-desists to smartwatch face creators - 9 replies