Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
XFX Overclocked GF 8800
Board manufacturer XFX said late Friday that it will be the first video card producer to release factory-overclocked GeForce 8800 models. Both the range-topping 8800 GTX XXX and more mainstream 8800 GTS XXX have received NVIDIA's blessing to run at core and memory speeds well above default, boosting performance without requiring improved cooling. The former model sees its core increase from 575MHz to 630MHz, while its memory is increased to an effective 2GHz; the GTS variant, in turn, steps up from 500MHz to 550MHz for the main processor and from 1.6GHz to 1.8GHz for memory.
The company says it has tuned the BIOS of each card for enhanced performance, although it doesn't elaborate on improvements beyond the recognition of the cards' higher stock speeds. Other aspects of the hardware remain untouched and include dual, dual-link DVI connectors with HDCP encryption support. The XXX-series cards will ship soon, XFX says, at premium prices of $650 for the flagship GTX model and $500 for the GTS.
Bluetooth speakers aren't only for listening to some music at the park or on a long bus ride, but can also be built with tablets in m ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 2030 projector
With high-definition televisions now the standard, 4K televisions becoming the next big thing, and plasma TVs going the way of the din ...Life n Soul 8 Driver Bluetooth headphones
When it comes to music on the go, consumers generally have some options to consider when looking for the best experience. While Blueto ...
10 Most Discussed
- Oregon Apple Store 'slur' incident being investigated - 31 replies
- US cybersecurity chief claims lack of experience not important to job - 16 replies
- Quicken 2015 for Mac brings new features, strips others - 11 replies
- Claim: Apple's iMessage accounts for 30 percent of all mobile spam - 8 replies
- Schematics suggest iPhone 6 may come in 16, 64, and 128GB models - 8 replies
- Apple releases second public OS X Yosemite beta, new iTunes 12 test - 8 replies
- Rumor: iPhone 6 may support 150Mbps LTE-A - 7 replies
- Apple shareholder suit accuses Cook, Jobs, others of misconduct - 7 replies
- Digital credit card replacement Coin calls for 10,000 more testers - 7 replies
- Parallels Desktop 10 launches with Yosemite support, speed boosts - 6 replies