Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ViaMichelin X-930 GPS
ViaMichelin on Friday introduced its X-930 navigation system. Well-established as a supplier of European-oriented GPS systems, such as the X-980T, the company is taking its first steps into North America with the new mapping device. The X-930 is one of the lightest GPS units available, weighing under 5 ounces despite its 3.5-inch touchscreen, ViaMichelin says; this helps its use in pedestrian mode, where it gives directions based only on routes accessible when on foot.
The hardware is targeted at the entry-level GPS user and has core elements such as a bypass mode for avoiding traffic issues, a speed warning to avoid crossing the limit in unfamiliar areas, and a point-of-interest finder for 1.5 million locations in Canada and the US. A 1GB SD card preloaded with map information is bundled with the system, as are dashboard and windshield mounts. J&R is the first to sell the X-930 at a relatively low price of $280.
When it comes to selecting a printer, it's not exactly something most people put a lot of thought into. Printers are often touted as ...Moshi iVisor AG and XT for iPad Air 2
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...OmniPlan (OS X, iOS)
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Microsoft releases public preview of Office 2016 for Mac - 16 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- Republicans file bill to rip Internet regulatory powers from FCC - 12 replies
- Apple Watch: plethora of details leak as public debut nears - 12 replies
- New Jersey man hospitalized by exploded iPhone 5c battery - 11 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Samsung Pay electronic payment system deployed in Galaxy S6, S6 edge - 8 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies