Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ViaMichelin X-930 GPS
ViaMichelin on Friday introduced its X-930 navigation system. Well-established as a supplier of European-oriented GPS systems, such as the X-980T, the company is taking its first steps into North America with the new mapping device. The X-930 is one of the lightest GPS units available, weighing under 5 ounces despite its 3.5-inch touchscreen, ViaMichelin says; this helps its use in pedestrian mode, where it gives directions based only on routes accessible when on foot.
The hardware is targeted at the entry-level GPS user and has core elements such as a bypass mode for avoiding traffic issues, a speed warning to avoid crossing the limit in unfamiliar areas, and a point-of-interest finder for 1.5 million locations in Canada and the US. A 1GB SD card preloaded with map information is bundled with the system, as are dashboard and windshield mounts. J&R is the first to sell the X-930 at a relatively low price of $280.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 21 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies
- Editorial: Apple's iOS purchase-history purge disrespects users - 8 replies