Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ViaMichelin X-930 GPS
ViaMichelin on Friday introduced its X-930 navigation system. Well-established as a supplier of European-oriented GPS systems, such as the X-980T, the company is taking its first steps into North America with the new mapping device. The X-930 is one of the lightest GPS units available, weighing under 5 ounces despite its 3.5-inch touchscreen, ViaMichelin says; this helps its use in pedestrian mode, where it gives directions based only on routes accessible when on foot.
The hardware is targeted at the entry-level GPS user and has core elements such as a bypass mode for avoiding traffic issues, a speed warning to avoid crossing the limit in unfamiliar areas, and a point-of-interest finder for 1.5 million locations in Canada and the US. A 1GB SD card preloaded with map information is bundled with the system, as are dashboard and windshield mounts. J&R is the first to sell the X-930 at a relatively low price of $280.
Finding a speaker purpose-built for a specific need is challenging. Even when a Bluetooth speaker can be paired with a mobile device, ...JBL Synchros E40BT headphones
For all the different configurations of headphones on the market, it's always a tough choice for buyers to get something that is just ...Razer Taipan mouse
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 25 replies
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- SEC: Apple bought back another $5 billion in stock in June quarter - 14 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Coalition of authors blames 'thuggish' Amazon for Hachette dispute - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies