Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ViaMichelin X-930 GPS
ViaMichelin on Friday introduced its X-930 navigation system. Well-established as a supplier of European-oriented GPS systems, such as the X-980T, the company is taking its first steps into North America with the new mapping device. The X-930 is one of the lightest GPS units available, weighing under 5 ounces despite its 3.5-inch touchscreen, ViaMichelin says; this helps its use in pedestrian mode, where it gives directions based only on routes accessible when on foot.
The hardware is targeted at the entry-level GPS user and has core elements such as a bypass mode for avoiding traffic issues, a speed warning to avoid crossing the limit in unfamiliar areas, and a point-of-interest finder for 1.5 million locations in Canada and the US. A 1GB SD card preloaded with map information is bundled with the system, as are dashboard and windshield mounts. J&R is the first to sell the X-930 at a relatively low price of $280.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies