Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ViaMichelin X-930 GPS
ViaMichelin on Friday introduced its X-930 navigation system. Well-established as a supplier of European-oriented GPS systems, such as the X-980T, the company is taking its first steps into North America with the new mapping device. The X-930 is one of the lightest GPS units available, weighing under 5 ounces despite its 3.5-inch touchscreen, ViaMichelin says; this helps its use in pedestrian mode, where it gives directions based only on routes accessible when on foot.
The hardware is targeted at the entry-level GPS user and has core elements such as a bypass mode for avoiding traffic issues, a speed warning to avoid crossing the limit in unfamiliar areas, and a point-of-interest finder for 1.5 million locations in Canada and the US. A 1GB SD card preloaded with map information is bundled with the system, as are dashboard and windshield mounts. J&R is the first to sell the X-930 at a relatively low price of $280.
Regardless of what Cupertino would like us to believe with the new cylindrical Mac Pro, there are needs for vast amounts of hard-drive ...iHome Bluetooth iB75 Wireless Sports Earphone
Finding a good pair of headphones for a midnight jog is hard. An over the ear set is either flopping around on your head, falling off, ...Pure Contour i1 Air Dock
￼The half moon design speaks about what to expect overall from the Pure Contour i1 Air Dock: it is a speaker that looks to blend int ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- New Android ioPhone mimics Apple's iPhone 5c style - 15 replies
- Rumor: Microsoft to take on iPad mini with 1080p Surface mini - 12 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 10 replies
- Apple signals end of Snow Leopard support with Safari snub? - 9 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple debuts 90-second holiday TV ad, 'Misunderstood' - 8 replies
- Report: Apple's 64-bit A7 chip 'stunned' the chipmaking industry - 8 replies
- Apple's Tim Cook accepts award at Auburn, pushes for equality - 7 replies