updated 02:00 pm EST, Wed December 6, 2006
Mactracker, JigSaw, eSanta
- Mactracker 4.1 (free) provides detailed information on every Mac computer ever with details about processor speed, memory, optical drives, graphics cards, supported Mac OS versions, and expansion options. The latest revision includes the latest Apple hardware updates, as well as an addition to the 'Notes' tab called 'My Mac models.' Other changes include the addition of model icon previews in the main window and the ability to link to info windows using the 'mactracker://' URI scheme. [Download - 18.5MB]
- JigSaw 2.5 ($25) includes support for plug-ins, as well as improvements to RAR and PAR support. Jigsaw is a binary segmenter and joiner allowing users to create PAR2 sets and create checksum files as well as batch files for Windows users. The bundle includes a development kit, templates for Xcode, and a manual for plug-in development. [Download - 5.2MB]
- RAGE Google Sitemap Automator 1.5 ($35) is a free update to the software that automates the process of generating Google Sitemaps. The update runs natively on Intel-based Macs as a Universal Binary, enabling webmasters to communicate directly with search engines to keep them informed about which pages to index and how often the pages are modified. [Download - 8.2MB]
- Mobile Manager 1.3 (unknown) extends existing support for Windows Mobile and Pocket PC devices to include support for Series 60, 80 and 90 Symbian Smartphones. The latest version of the software also offers a richer set of management functions to support new device features such as the latest Windows Mobile 5.0 AKU updates, with advanced security, device querying and reporting capability.
- Kids GoGoGo 11.5 ($30) enhances the Web filtering software for Mac OS X designed for children. The update improves movie log settings, Caster settings, restriction for video sharing, and user switching functionality. The latest release also enhances relations to KFS and improves the accuracy of site judgment, according to Maki Enterprises. [Download - 8.4MB]
- eSanta 2006 (donationware) makes it easy for children to send a safe and quick email to Santa. The software simulates an internet connection to the North Pole, negating the need for a real internet connection. Users can print out a letter or have it read to aloud with Mac OS X speech capabilities. A new "Thank Santa" function allows children to send a note of thanks to Santa after the holidays. [Download - 240KB]