Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Toshiba 8GB SD Card
Focusing on digital videographers, Toshiba today with its announcement of a new, 8GB SD card that marks the first high-capacity card to reach Class 4 speed. The new card can record data at a minimum 4MB per second and a maximum of 6MB; this ensures that the card not only has the storage needed for video and other large files, but also the speed necessary to write that information for demanding equipment such as DV camcorders. The card can typically hold as much as 3 hours and 10 minutes of standard-definition video, according to Toshiba. The extremely high capacity card requires devices that can read the new SDHC format (such as the recent Nikon D40) and is projected to launch in January for an undetermined price.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...Entry-level 27-inch Retina iMac
The 27-inch Apple iMac with 5K Retina display is already one of the best value-for-money Macs that Apple has ever released. It was som ...
10 Most Discussed
- Neil Young says he will pull music catalog from streaming services - 24 replies
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Apple takes lid off 64-bit A8 iPod touch, now up to 128GB - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies