Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Systemax Core 2 Duo Laptop
PC vendor Systemax has launched a major overhaul of its low-cost Pursuit line that drastically slims down the design while maintaining a genuine performance boost. While considerably sleeker and lower-profile than the earlier model, the updated 15.4-inch widescreen system's 1.66GHz Core 2 Duo can provide as much as a 20% increase in speed over the 1.6GHz Core Duo model it replaces, Systemax claims. It maintains the same 1GB of memory and 80GB hard drive of its predecessor but adds features seldom seen in its price class, such as a 1.3-megapixel webcam and a DVD rewriter. Notably, the system also ships preinstalled with Windows XP Professional and will get a free upgrade to Windows Vista Business when the future OS is released in January. Three USB ports, a FireWire port, and video-out for both S-video and VGA connections provide support for the new Pursuit as a desktop replacement. Systemax plans to ship the revised model soon for $1,000, matching the price of the outgoing version. Click through for a full-sized image.
Burning Monkey Solitaire 4
Freeverse has released Burning Monkey Solitaire 4, a new Universal version of its popular Mac solitaire series that includes Play Freecell, Klondike, Pyramid and now over thirty solitaire variants with "joke-telling apes, singing gorillas, flatulent orangutans and the hairiest primates this side of Robin Williams." Burning Monkey Solitaire 4 adds a new OpenGL engine, support for widescreen monitors, animated card effects and native support for both PowerPC and Intel Macs. It is full of "easter eggs" and hidden animations, "lousy jokes as only monkeys can tell them," and an unique "bagel" button, according to the developer. In addition, it offers multiple undo's, casino scoring options and the "World's Most Extensive Cheating Mode". Burning Monkey Solitaire 4 is $25 and is a free upgrade for registered owners of previous versions. It requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or greater. The company also today released Wingnuts: Temporal Navigator as a free download for the Mac community. The Mac arcade classic delivers over 30 levels of action to "provide hours of free fun for all Mac gamers." Wingnuts 2, the sequel, is available for purchase for $30.
Apple has never been shy about funky ports -- first it was Apple Desktop Bus, and its own DIN-8 serial port. Following that came FireW ...Logitech Hyperion Fury mouse
Selecting the correct gaming mouse comes down to finding a device that balances the needs of a user with a price they can afford. Ofte ...Life n Soul BM211 Bluetooth speaker
Bluetooth speakers aren't only for listening to some music at the park or on a long bus ride, but can also be built with tablets in m ...
10 Most Discussed
- US cybersecurity chief claims lack of experience not important to job - 16 replies
- Quicken 2015 for Mac brings new features, strips others - 11 replies
- Security guards protest low wages, block Apple San Francisco store - 9 replies
- Schematics suggest iPhone 6 may come in 16, 64, and 128GB models - 8 replies
- Apple releases second public OS X Yosemite beta, new iTunes 12 test - 8 replies
- Claim: Apple's iMessage accounts for 30 percent of all mobile spam - 8 replies
- Rumor: iPhone 6 may support 150Mbps LTE-A - 7 replies
- Digital credit card replacement Coin calls for 10,000 more testers - 7 replies
- New malware stealing advertising revenue from jailbroken iOS devices - 6 replies
- Uber allowed to resume services in Berlin after ban suspended - 6 replies