Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Systemax Core 2 Duo Laptop
PC vendor Systemax has launched a major overhaul of its low-cost Pursuit line that drastically slims down the design while maintaining a genuine performance boost. While considerably sleeker and lower-profile than the earlier model, the updated 15.4-inch widescreen system's 1.66GHz Core 2 Duo can provide as much as a 20% increase in speed over the 1.6GHz Core Duo model it replaces, Systemax claims. It maintains the same 1GB of memory and 80GB hard drive of its predecessor but adds features seldom seen in its price class, such as a 1.3-megapixel webcam and a DVD rewriter. Notably, the system also ships preinstalled with Windows XP Professional and will get a free upgrade to Windows Vista Business when the future OS is released in January. Three USB ports, a FireWire port, and video-out for both S-video and VGA connections provide support for the new Pursuit as a desktop replacement. Systemax plans to ship the revised model soon for $1,000, matching the price of the outgoing version. Click through for a full-sized image.
Burning Monkey Solitaire 4
Freeverse has released Burning Monkey Solitaire 4, a new Universal version of its popular Mac solitaire series that includes Play Freecell, Klondike, Pyramid and now over thirty solitaire variants with "joke-telling apes, singing gorillas, flatulent orangutans and the hairiest primates this side of Robin Williams." Burning Monkey Solitaire 4 adds a new OpenGL engine, support for widescreen monitors, animated card effects and native support for both PowerPC and Intel Macs. It is full of "easter eggs" and hidden animations, "lousy jokes as only monkeys can tell them," and an unique "bagel" button, according to the developer. In addition, it offers multiple undo's, casino scoring options and the "World's Most Extensive Cheating Mode". Burning Monkey Solitaire 4 is $25 and is a free upgrade for registered owners of previous versions. It requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or greater. The company also today released Wingnuts: Temporal Navigator as a free download for the Mac community. The Mac arcade classic delivers over 30 levels of action to "provide hours of free fun for all Mac gamers." Wingnuts 2, the sequel, is available for purchase for $30.
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Future USB connector to be reversible, support scalable charging - 5 replies