updated 10:50 pm EST, Mon November 13, 2006
App Stop, iWisdom, ...
- App Stop 2.0 ($15) is a system utility that allows users to control the applications running on their computer by pausing & resuming, setting processor priority, and force quitting. Version 2.0 brings Intel-Mac compatibility and also improves application efficiency. App Stop 2.0 is 2-5x faster and uses considerably less CPU power. Upgrades are $10 for registered users for the first two weeks. It runs on Mac OS X 10.4 or later. [Download - 700KB]
- iWisdom 1.1 (freeware) is a Java-based program that manages a collection of quotations or other brief insights, including author, source, year of publication, title and category. Version 1.1 can now import XML files (including those at www.PortableWisdom.org. In addition, it can now import data in QML (Quotation Markup Language) and QEL (Quotation Exchange Language) formats. It can also publish a wisdom collection in HTML using a series of included XSL templates and CSS. It requires Java 1.4.2 and Mac OS X 10.3.9. [Download - 3.2MB]
- SQLite3ProfessionalPlugin 2.0 ($100) updates the database engine plugin for REALbasic that offers low level access to the SQLite 3 database. It fully supports all the RB database API and a lot more sqlite 3 specific methods. The plugin offers a nearly 1-to-1 map to the sqlite3 C api, allowing access to virtually every sqlite3 routine inside the REALbasic environment. Version 2.0 is a Universal Binary, uses the latest sqlite library v3.3.8, adds a RB database API, adds the FST1 module in order to support full-text search, and more. It requires RB 2005. [Download - 1.4MB]
- PhoneDirector 1.2.1 (€30) is software application for managing Nokia mobile phones,including the 6230, 6230i, 6233, 6234, 7280, 7380, 8800. It offersPhonebook, SMS, Gallery and Calendar management, including Phonebook editing, uploading, deleting, backup, and export (including extended phonebook with more numbers and texts). Users can also SMS directly from their computer, manage video/sounds files, edit their calendar, upload Java applications, connect via Bluetooth, set radio channels, upload Safari bookmarks, and more. It requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later. [Download - 18MB]
- HoudahSpot 1.3 ($15) is a file Spotlight-based search tool that enables users to quickly create and store powerful search queries. Version 1.3 adds a customizable result listing, a German localization, new default templates, improved wording and search queries, an improved interface, persistent window sizing, and new help documentation in English, German and French. HoudahSpot can also now automatically check for and install updates. It is a Universal Binary application and requires Mac OS X 10.4.8. [Download - 2.5MB]
- BandAid 2 ($28) is a database tool to track activity of bands and musicians. Users can track gigs, songs, and finances, view contact information, keep promo shots, and print lyrics and setlists. It offers an intuitive point-and-click interface; allows users to log as many acts as necessary with contact info, promo shot, etc.; can log concerts, repertoire and gig payments; can track income and expenses and print reports; manages and prints song lyrics and setlists, and offers context sensitive online documentation. [Download - options]