Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ASUS G-Series Game Laptops
ASUS on late Friday introduced its first gaming-specific laptops, targeting desktop replacements and frequent LAN party travelers. The unveiling confirms earlier information about the new systems such as their specially-highlighted W/A/S/D keys and built-in 1.3-megapixel webcams, but also reveals new information about unique hardware features. Both the 15-inch G1 and 17-inch G2 incorporate a small OLED display ahead of the Escape key that can display useful text updates during gameplay from instant messages, reminders, and even caller ID, according to ASUS. The company has also surrounded each design with speakers on the sides and front as well as lights that respond to high-intensity visuals. Both ship with dynamic color contrast that can adjust to gameplay or low light. Performance details and photos follow after the jump.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies