updated 01:25 pm EDT, Wed October 18, 2006
Troi Serial Plug-in
- Troi Serial Plug-in 3.0.1 for FileMaker Pro 8.5 ($1,100) offers access to one or more of a Mac's serial ports from within FileMaker. Version 3.0.1 significantly improves the speed of triggering scripts when data is received, and enhances script triggering when a script is already running or is paused. The update also adds a completely rewritten version of the user guide, and offers better example files while removing remaining old style function calls. [Download - 1.7MB]
- FTPKit 1.5 ($30 for hobbyist, $75 for pro) adds a full-featured FTP socket class to the REALbasic integrated development environment. The package automatically parses FTP listings, allows for directory downloads as well as uploads, and supports changing file permissions. Users can send custom commands, and the class features a built-in queue system to manage pending transfers. [Download - 368KB]
- Stock Investment Guide 1.7.5 ($40) brings native support for Intel-based Macs to the new Universal Binary version of the tool for performing analysis of publicly traded stocks. Stock Investment Guide provides users with tools to retrieve historical stock data for a company, analyze historical growth trends, project earnings, and determine buy/hold/sell ratings. [Download - 4.5MB]
- Crossword Forge 4.7 ($50) is a major upgrade to the classroom crossword and word search puzzle generator. Version 4.7 runs natively on Intel-based Macs as a Universal Binary, offering an improved Web export panel that allows customization of page color as well as control accent color. A new Web preview command also allows users to make and view changes to Web puzzles. [Download - 6.8MB]
- BetterZip 1.3 ($20) creates WinZip compatible archives on Mac OS X. The latest release opens, extracts, and creates WinZip-compatible AES-256 encrypted zip archives, and can extract as well as create zip files larger than 2GB. A new file browser gives an archive-centric view of the filesystem. [Download - 3MB]
- Relaunch 1.3.3 ($5) automatically starts applications and opens documents based on "snapshots" taken of the desktop's current state. Users can automatically re-launch these snapshots to resume working with the same set of applications and documents that were open prior to restarting. Relaunch 1.3.3 remembers and re-opens documents in BBEdit as well as QuarkXPress, and fixes a bug that affected opening TextEdit documents.