updated 10:35 am EDT, Wed October 18, 2006
- Sysquake 3.5 ($2,000) is software designed to help users understand systems, solve problems, and design products. The update is based on LME 4.6, offers support for scroll wheels as well as scroll balls in figures, and includes an option to remove subplot margin. Sysquake 3.5 also provides a new SQ file keyword "userinterface," and features a resize handler that is called when the figure window is resized with new standard variables "_width" and "_height" supported as input by init handlers. [Download - 3.4MB]
- PlistEdit Pro 1.3 ($25) updates the Mac OS X property list editing software, adding syntax coloring for XML tags in the plist text view. Version 1.3 includes new data formatters that allow viewing of plist values interpreted as different data types, and adds Sparkle support for automatic downloading of updates. [Download - 2.3MB]
- AlmostVPN 1.1 ($10) is an SSH (Secure Shell) tunnel manager for Mac OS X with a twist, packaged as a Preference Panel to mount remote volumes and offer access to remote printers as well as faxes. The latest revision of AlmostVPN fixes a serious problem which made it appear that AlmostVPN forgot all "secure" information such as passwords and the activation key after rebooting. The update also brings back the AlmostVPN widget, and offers better handling of dynamic IP addresses. [Download - 4.5MB]
- DVD2iPod 3.2 (free) makes iPod-compatible video files from iDVD projects burned to DVD without source files, without the need to configure numerous settings. The software converts unencrypted DVd media to Apple's iPod format, allowing users to select multiple unencrypted .VOB or .mpg files for conversion. The update includes an explanation alert when incompatible file types are dropped for conversion, and improves output quality for the opening frames of converted video content. [Download - 6.4MB]
- SimpleHighlight Plug-in 2.0 (free/$50) adds highlighting and picture manipulation functions to FileMaker installations. SimpleHighlight Plug-in 2.0 is fully featured shareware with open-source functions, runs natively on Intel-based Macs as a Universal Binary, and offers compatibility with FileMaker 7.0/8.0/8.5. The paid update also generates images from FileMaker calculations, and retrieves color information from a picture. [Download - 3.4MB]
- ClassicFrames 2.0 ($50 per volume) is a graphical plug-in that adds customizable frames to photos in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Elements, Corel PhotoPaint, Paintshop, ULead, and more. Version 2.0 adds RGB 16-bit support, more frames per volume, and a quick side-by-side comparison of frames to aid in the selection process. Frames are designed to simulate those used to hang up expensive paintings in photo galleries, and include 70 traditional picture frames or more per volume.