Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iPod 5th anniversary
Newsweek has posted an interview with Apple CEO Steve Jobs on the fifth anniversary of the iPod, which "changed Apple and the world." Jobs says simplicity and the iTunes software were keys to the success of the device, but that it won't likely loose its coolness anytime soon: "That's like saying you don't want to kiss your lover's lips because everyone has lips. It doesn't make any sense. We don't strive to appear cool. We just try to make the best products we can. And if they are cool, well, that's great." Jobs also said he is unimpressed with Zune, Microsoft's answer to the iPod, which allows users to exchange songs. "It takes forever," says Jobs. "By the time you've gone through all that, the girl's got up and left! You're much better off to take one of your earbuds out and put it in her ear. Then you're connected with about two feet of headphone cable."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 13 replies
- Apple purging XcodeGhost-afflicted apps, Angry Birds 2 among infected - 12 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Security flaw in iOS 9 discovered, could expose photos, contacts - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies