updated 09:45 am EDT, Fri October 13, 2006
NI ships Komplete 4
Native Instruments today announced that Massive, Absynth 4, Battery 3, FM8 and Komplete 4 are now available in stores worldwide. Massive is a next-generation software synthesizer with unique sonic character, high audio fidelity, and a flexibility, innovative, interface. Based on an new high-resolution audio engine, Massive combines advanced Wave-Scanning synthesis with sophisticated sound-shaping and modulation options for "charismatic high-end sound full of warmth, punch, character and definition," according to the company. Massive is available for $340/€300.
Absynth 4 is the fourth-generation of NI's semi-modular software synthesizer. The new version offers extended sound design and performance capabilities through a new customizable signal flow; additional oscillator, waveform and envelope features; and a completely revised modulation concept as well as a new KORE-compatible sound browser. It is available for $$340/€300.
According to the company, Battery 3 is a significant revision of the popular drum and percussion sampler, bringing time-stretching and advanced loop capabilities, innovative "play parameters", a powerful master effects section and an integrated wave editor. Battery also offers a large library of more than 100 high-quality drum kits providing a wealth of studio-quality material for all styles and genres. Battery 3 is available for $230/€200.
FM8, a much-awaited successor to the popular FM7 software synthesizer, delivers an enhanced high-resolution audio engine, intelligent sound morphing, added performance features and a new KORE-compatible preset manager. "FM8 makes the timeless and highly expressive musical potential of FM synthesis available in a thoroughly modernized instrument that fits perfectly into today's studio and stage setups," the company said. FM8 is available for $340/€300.
Finally, Komplete 4 is the new version of the powerful software bundle that features a universal selection of state-of-the-art instruments and effects. It is a collection of 12 Native Instruments software products in one package and now includes:
- Reaktor 5 - fully modular sound design studio
- Absynth 4 - synthesizer with unrivalled sonic potential
- Guitar Rig 2 Software - guitar amps, cabinets and effects emulation
- Kontakt 2 - the ultimate next-generation sampler
- Battery 3 - the pioneering drum sample expert
- Akoustik Piano - 3 famous grands and 1 upright
- Electrik Piano - four legendary electric stage pianos
- B4 II - the award-winning tonewheel organ emulation
- FM8 - radically expanded FM synthesizer
- PRO-53 - the perfect emulation of an analog synth classic
- Vokator - the new dimension in vocoding
- NI-Spektral Delay - unique FFT-based delay effect