Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Psile Media Silent PC
Small form factor Windows PCs are easy to find, yet many of them share the same fundamental designs and are rarely tailor-made for a special role. The Psile Media Silent PC, built by silent computer specialist CoolTechPC, is an exception that is clearly dedicated to its home theater role. Like the Mac mini, the Psile has a minimalist case that removes as many fans and heat sources as possible: even the power supply is not the common SFF unit but an external brick.
The similarities end when it comes to performance, however. The CoolTechPC system has grown in size compared to Apple's computer and makes good use of the extra space, as a 320GB hard drive and a TV tuner are basic components. Upgrading the stock 1.83GHz Core Duo to a 2.16GHz version is equally possible for those who want extra performance for HD video. Style enthusiasts may also appreciate the option of custom case skins to reflect their tastes. CoolTechPC ships the system in standard trim with a wireless keyboard, mouse, and remote for $1699.
Home automation fans have been getting their fair share of gadgets and accessories in the last few years. Starting with light bulbs, a ...Razer Kraken Pro headset
Gaming headphones are a challenge to get right, for a long list of reasons that are unique to the consumer buying them. Some shoppers ...Patriot Aero Wireless Mobile Drive
Regardless of how large a tablet you buy, you always want more space. There's always one more movie or another album you'd cram on, ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies
- New iTunes 11.3 brings iTunes Extras for HD movies - 7 replies
- Apple's iPad may pose risks for people with nickel allergies - 7 replies