Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Psile Media Silent PC
Small form factor Windows PCs are easy to find, yet many of them share the same fundamental designs and are rarely tailor-made for a special role. The Psile Media Silent PC, built by silent computer specialist CoolTechPC, is an exception that is clearly dedicated to its home theater role. Like the Mac mini, the Psile has a minimalist case that removes as many fans and heat sources as possible: even the power supply is not the common SFF unit but an external brick.
The similarities end when it comes to performance, however. The CoolTechPC system has grown in size compared to Apple's computer and makes good use of the extra space, as a 320GB hard drive and a TV tuner are basic components. Upgrading the stock 1.83GHz Core Duo to a 2.16GHz version is equally possible for those who want extra performance for HD video. Style enthusiasts may also appreciate the option of custom case skins to reflect their tastes. CoolTechPC ships the system in standard trim with a wireless keyboard, mouse, and remote for $1699.
When hitting the gym or going out for a trail run, headphones can cause a number of problems. From the ear buds getting slimy with swe ...Adesso Xtream S3B Bluetooth speaker
Finding a speaker purpose-built for a specific need is challenging. Even when a Bluetooth speaker can be paired with a mobile device, ...JBL Synchros E40BT headphones
For all the different configurations of headphones on the market, it's always a tough choice for buyers to get something that is just ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 25 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- SEC: Apple bought back another $5 billion in stock in June quarter - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Coalition of authors blames 'thuggish' Amazon for Hachette dispute - 10 replies
- Microsoft rolls out major update of OneNote for iPad, iPhone, Mac - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies