Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Psile Media Silent PC
Small form factor Windows PCs are easy to find, yet many of them share the same fundamental designs and are rarely tailor-made for a special role. The Psile Media Silent PC, built by silent computer specialist CoolTechPC, is an exception that is clearly dedicated to its home theater role. Like the Mac mini, the Psile has a minimalist case that removes as many fans and heat sources as possible: even the power supply is not the common SFF unit but an external brick.
The similarities end when it comes to performance, however. The CoolTechPC system has grown in size compared to Apple's computer and makes good use of the extra space, as a 320GB hard drive and a TV tuner are basic components. Upgrading the stock 1.83GHz Core Duo to a 2.16GHz version is equally possible for those who want extra performance for HD video. Style enthusiasts may also appreciate the option of custom case skins to reflect their tastes. CoolTechPC ships the system in standard trim with a wireless keyboard, mouse, and remote for $1699.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 33 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Apple Music subscriptions kill ALAC playback on iOS - 13 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- My Stupid Fault: don't look back in anger - 8 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Appeals court opens door to FTC oversight of corporate cyber security - 6 replies