Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
BlackBerry 8800 Uncovered
Research In Motion has been seeing a resurgence of attention courtesy of the BlackBerry Pearl after years of relative anonymity. Today, photos have surfaced proving that RIM intends to make the Pearl's distinctive trackball and more elaborate design a staple of more business-oriented phones. The smartphone maker will soon introduce the BlackBerry 8800, a replacement for the current 8700. Its features will draw heavily from the Pearl, including the exchange of the jog dial for the multi-directional trackball. The key differences are a full QWERTY keyboard in place of the smaller SureType model and the removal of the Pearl's camera, which could be considered a security risk for the organizations that use the handheld. No exact launch timeframe was mentioned in the report; however, the phone should ship to North American carriers before the end of the year given its largely complete state. Click through for photos of the front and rear of the 8800 courtesy of Engadget Mobile.
TGS: Saturday tidbits
We're taking a much-needed break, but there are a couple of TGS items you might find interesting. First, Kotaku happened to be around when a PS3 overheated and shut down while running Ridge Racer 7. This is supposedly common, however, with many console games running early code on early hardware. So for more exciting news, we've located video of the PS3's Web and photo interfaces in action. The Web browser's tab system seems to operate more like Cover Flow (in iTunes 7) than like Firefox, as was reported in previous accounts.
Five years ago, we thought that by the end of 2013 there'd be a bigger market for e-book readers. Then, along came the tablet that Jo ...Sans Digital TowerRAID TR8M6G eSATA array
Regardless of what Cupertino would like us to believe with the new cylindrical Mac Pro, there are needs for vast amounts of hard-drive ...iHome Bluetooth iB75 Wireless Sports Earphone
Finding a good pair of headphones for a midnight jog is hard. An over the ear set is either flopping around on your head, falling off, ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple signals end of Snow Leopard support with Safari snub? - 19 replies
- European Parliament to vote on single smartphone charger law - 16 replies
- New Android ioPhone mimics Apple's iPhone 5c style - 15 replies
- Rumor: Microsoft to take on iPad mini with 1080p Surface mini - 13 replies
- Report: Apple's 64-bit A7 chip 'stunned' the chipmaking industry - 10 replies
- Apple debuts 90-second holiday TV ad, 'Misunderstood' - 10 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 10 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies
- Apple's Tim Cook accepts award at Auburn, pushes for equality - 7 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies