updated 03:05 pm EDT, Tue September 19, 2006
Valentina, rooSwitch Lite
- Valentina 2.4.2 or all developer and business products ($50) is an update to the object-relational database model that builds on the traditional relational database model. The update includes 23 performance improvements to the Valentina 2.4.2 database kernel, and offers speed improvements for "update" and "where" SQL statements.
- rooSwitch Lite 1.0 (free) is a free version of roobasoft's rooSwitch software, enabling users to manage multiple profiles for nearly any application while focusing on a select set of common applications. Users can switch between profiles to activate the desired data, acting as a multi-user environment within one application. [Download - 1.7MB]
- Relaunch 1.0 ($5) is a Mac OS X menu bar utility that allows users to take a snapshot of all currently running applications, and later launch them automatically after the next login or reboot. Users can also launch a snapshot from the menu itself, rather than having relaunch automatically launch the snapshot after a logging in or restarting. [Download - 1.6MB]
- Tone Mapping Plug-In 1.1 ($70) is a free upgrade for registered users of the plug-in that reveals details in highlights and shadows of a 32-bit or 16-bit image. The latest iteration adds a "Micro-smoothing" setting that smoothes out local detail enhancements, makes settings "sticky," and extends the range of setting "Light Smoothing." [Download - 168KB]
- Shivering Kittens 2.0 ($9) enhances the panic-inducing puzzle game for Mac OS X, where players must rescue kittens from their icy imprisonment. The block-matching puzzle game charges players with forming lines of frozen kittens, and forming groups of those thawed kittens to rescue them. [Download - 2.2MB]
- Private Contact 1.0 ($25) stores contacts securely, allowing users to manage those contacts in an easy and intuitive manner. Actual contacts are listed on the left, while details are presented on the right. Private Contact saves data to disk using Blowfish encryption algorithms, making the job of a malicious user much more difficult should they attempt to access contact information. [Download - 240KB]