Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
JVC 1080p LCD Televisions
Electronics maker JVC used the CEDIA expo in Denver to introduce four new LCD televisions that stand out for their focus on the extremes of 1080p HD and standard definition video. All four can display the full 1920x1080 HDTV standard and have JVC's Genessa processor to upscale any source to the format as well as clean up typically blurry RCA video signals. Each screen also supports a wide range of television standards: ATSC (HD) and NTSC tuners are accompanied by a CableCARD slot for providers that use the new standard. Connections are grouped into pairs of component, HDMI, IEEE 1394, and S-video ports. JVC primarily distinguishes the four models by screen size and their support for the RS-232C home automation interface. The 40-inch LT-40FH97 and 46-inch LT-46FH97 include the hardware to support the standard, while their counterparts the LT-40FN97 and LT-46FN97 go without. The 40-inch models ship soon for $3,800 and $4,100 respectively; 46-inch versions are available for $4,600 and $4,800 (note: the 40-inch models' product pages currently list inaccurate prices).
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 14 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Apple Music subscriptions kill ALAC playback on iOS - 13 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- My Stupid Fault: don't look back in anger - 8 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Apple releases Diversity Report, minority hiring up - 7 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 7 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies