Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
JVC 1080p LCD Televisions
Electronics maker JVC used the CEDIA expo in Denver to introduce four new LCD televisions that stand out for their focus on the extremes of 1080p HD and standard definition video. All four can display the full 1920x1080 HDTV standard and have JVC's Genessa processor to upscale any source to the format as well as clean up typically blurry RCA video signals. Each screen also supports a wide range of television standards: ATSC (HD) and NTSC tuners are accompanied by a CableCARD slot for providers that use the new standard. Connections are grouped into pairs of component, HDMI, IEEE 1394, and S-video ports. JVC primarily distinguishes the four models by screen size and their support for the RS-232C home automation interface. The 40-inch LT-40FH97 and 46-inch LT-46FH97 include the hardware to support the standard, while their counterparts the LT-40FN97 and LT-46FN97 go without. The 40-inch models ship soon for $3,800 and $4,100 respectively; 46-inch versions are available for $4,600 and $4,800 (note: the 40-inch models' product pages currently list inaccurate prices).
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...DoxieGo Portable Scanner
Sometimes, people need to scan things, but having a computer at hand to do so isn't exactly feasible. Maybe it's the home of a relat ...
10 Most Discussed
- LA schools' iPad program flawed from beginning, federal report says - 28 replies
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 18 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- President Obama calls for overturning anti-municipal broadband laws - 16 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Adobe updates Flash again due to critical security flaw - 9 replies
- Principal filming on Universal Jobs biopic now underway - 8 replies
- Follow-up: new anti-poaching lawsuit settlement offer $415 million - 7 replies