Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
JVC 1080p LCD Televisions
Electronics maker JVC used the CEDIA expo in Denver to introduce four new LCD televisions that stand out for their focus on the extremes of 1080p HD and standard definition video. All four can display the full 1920x1080 HDTV standard and have JVC's Genessa processor to upscale any source to the format as well as clean up typically blurry RCA video signals. Each screen also supports a wide range of television standards: ATSC (HD) and NTSC tuners are accompanied by a CableCARD slot for providers that use the new standard. Connections are grouped into pairs of component, HDMI, IEEE 1394, and S-video ports. JVC primarily distinguishes the four models by screen size and their support for the RS-232C home automation interface. The 40-inch LT-40FH97 and 46-inch LT-46FH97 include the hardware to support the standard, while their counterparts the LT-40FN97 and LT-46FN97 go without. The 40-inch models ship soon for $3,800 and $4,100 respectively; 46-inch versions are available for $4,600 and $4,800 (note: the 40-inch models' product pages currently list inaccurate prices).
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...Narrative Clip
With the advent of social media technology, people have been searching for new ways to share the events of their daily lives -- be it ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 20 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 12 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Dell teases world's first 27-inch 5K computer monitor - 11 replies
- Opinion: Why a larger iPad makes sense - 10 replies
- Shareholder files suit against Cook, executives over e-book collusion - 10 replies