Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
JVC 1080p LCD Televisions
Electronics maker JVC used the CEDIA expo in Denver to introduce four new LCD televisions that stand out for their focus on the extremes of 1080p HD and standard definition video. All four can display the full 1920x1080 HDTV standard and have JVC's Genessa processor to upscale any source to the format as well as clean up typically blurry RCA video signals. Each screen also supports a wide range of television standards: ATSC (HD) and NTSC tuners are accompanied by a CableCARD slot for providers that use the new standard. Connections are grouped into pairs of component, HDMI, IEEE 1394, and S-video ports. JVC primarily distinguishes the four models by screen size and their support for the RS-232C home automation interface. The 40-inch LT-40FH97 and 46-inch LT-46FH97 include the hardware to support the standard, while their counterparts the LT-40FN97 and LT-46FN97 go without. The 40-inch models ship soon for $3,800 and $4,100 respectively; 46-inch versions are available for $4,600 and $4,800 (note: the 40-inch models' product pages currently list inaccurate prices).
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Neil Young says he will pull music catalog from streaming services - 24 replies
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies