Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
JVC 1080p LCD Televisions
Electronics maker JVC used the CEDIA expo in Denver to introduce four new LCD televisions that stand out for their focus on the extremes of 1080p HD and standard definition video. All four can display the full 1920x1080 HDTV standard and have JVC's Genessa processor to upscale any source to the format as well as clean up typically blurry RCA video signals. Each screen also supports a wide range of television standards: ATSC (HD) and NTSC tuners are accompanied by a CableCARD slot for providers that use the new standard. Connections are grouped into pairs of component, HDMI, IEEE 1394, and S-video ports. JVC primarily distinguishes the four models by screen size and their support for the RS-232C home automation interface. The 40-inch LT-40FH97 and 46-inch LT-46FH97 include the hardware to support the standard, while their counterparts the LT-40FN97 and LT-46FN97 go without. The 40-inch models ship soon for $3,800 and $4,100 respectively; 46-inch versions are available for $4,600 and $4,800 (note: the 40-inch models' product pages currently list inaccurate prices).
￼The half moon design speaks about what to expect overall from the Pure Contour i1 Air Dock: it is a speaker that looks to blend int ...STM Studio for iPad Air
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies
- Qualcomm Gimbal Bluetooth beacons to compete with Apple's iBeacon - 6 replies