updated 10:05 am EDT, Tue September 12, 2006
ReelBean, QuizMaker, ...
- ReelBean 2.0 (free) is an update to the movie converter and player application for Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger). It allows you to export videos to many different video and audio formats, edit videos, extract sections of audio and video into separate files, and displays detailed video information and properties panels. Individual frames or image sequences from movies can also be saved as image files. ReelBean will also play DVDs in a sleek borderless window. Extra features are available via a $15 registration. [Download - 4.6MB]
- The Photoshop Elements Action Pack v1.0 (free) is a collection of 21 Automator Actions that let you drive Photoshop Elements from within Apple's Automator. It allows users to create complex automation workflows for Elements v4 including Auto Color, Auto Levels, Auto Smart Fix, and Auto Red Eye Reduction. In addition, you can easily resize images and save them in multiple formats, making it simple to create automated workflows that prep images for web output, email, or print work. It includes a 20-page manual, sample workflows and sample images. [Download - 8.3MB]
- QuizMaker Pro v6.0 ($20 personal, $120 site) updates the full-featured assessment tool which can create, archive, administer, grade, and analyze multiple choice, matching and short answer quizzes. QuizMaker Pro is used by teachers, parents, home-schoolers and individuals who need a complete study, assessment and evaluation solution. Version 6.0 now stores classes, names, and scores in a single database, eliminates two folders, offers easier/more detailed viewing of scores, can easily view all activity for a single student, allows tests of different kinds to be "hard-linked" together and taken and scored as a single test, new test-by-test parameters, an option to use color text, and more. [Download - 3.1MB]
- Presentation Prompter 4.2 ($65) is a maintenance update to the teleprompting application for Mac OS X. Version 4.2 is a Universal Binary that includes better support for Intel machines, Spotlight content search improvements, and better file importing for MS Word documents. The update also fixes minor issues with recent OS updates, plugs a memory leak, and corrects a rare instance of the software not loading on older machine. It requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later. Upgrades from previous versions are $35. [Download - 911KB]
- FileBrowse 0.93 (beta) is a unique file browser for the Mac, offering "interesting features that the Finder is lacking." FileBrowse shows thumbnails for most common file types, renders 3D icons/thumbnails in real-time, has folder icons that show the items inside, can show large previews in-context (between the icons), and has versatile grouping and sorting. A future version will also add file management (moving, copying and renaming files/folders, creating folders, etc.) FileBrowse is a Universal binary that requires OS X 10.4 or later. [Download - 331KB]