Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Red One 2540p Video Camera
Television manufacturers are only beginning to establish 1080p as a mainstream feature, but camera makers are already preparing movie studios for recording in future formats. Startup manufacturer Red Camera has for months been promising the Red One, a professional HD video camera that the company claims could revolutionize filmmaking through cost and features. Red has now officially announced full details of the new model which easily validate the company's claims. The Red One features a 12-megapixel sensor that can record at an extremely large 2540p resolution - more than four times the pixels of the full HDTV standard - at the full 60 frames per second needed for television output. It can also record at a fluid 120 frames per second using lower resolutions. By far the most important aspect of the camera, however, is its announced price. Most HD cameras capable of the Red One's image quality begin at over $100,000 even today, ruling them out for all but the wealthiest filmmakers: in contrast, Red has stated that the official price of its first camera will be $17,500, which places it well within reach of professionals whose budget would have previously ruled out this camera type altogether. The company began accepting pre-orders for the Red One at the same time as the formal announcement and intends to demonstrate its equipment at the IBC Expo on September 8th.
There are a lot of cloud services out there, and nearly all of them can be used for backing up key files and folders. A few dedicated ...Plantronics BackBeat Pro Bluetooth headphones
Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD
Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Senator Ted Cruz off the mark with net neutrality comments - 15 replies
- Some Safari users experiencing severe YouTube playback problems - 12 replies
- First Look: Apple iMac with 5K Retina Display - 10 replies
- Watchmakers issue cease-and-desists to smartwatch face creators - 9 replies
- Xiaomi looking to overtake Apple, Samsung in the next 10 years - 9 replies
- Apple responds, points out flaws in AAA study of 'distracting' Siri - 8 replies
- Upp hydrogen fuel cell available in Apple Stores in United Kingdom - 7 replies
- Target claims no responsibility for 'Black Friday' data theft in court - 6 replies
- Data suggests iPhone 6 outselling 6 Plus by nearly 3-to-1 margin - 6 replies
- Amazon and Hachette battle ends amicably with e-book sales deal - 6 replies