Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MySpace Music Store
The popular social networking site MySpace says it will be the latest to open a direct-download music store, according to Reuters. The web-based service, an offshoot of MySpace Music, hopes that its access to 106 million existing MySpace users will give it an early advantage and offer a serious challenge to Apple. "Everyone we've spoken to definitely wants an alternative to iTunes and the iPod. MySpace could be that alternative," says MySpace's Chris DeWolfe. Unlike most other services' attempts to compete in the digital music arena, MySpace promises flexibility: songs can be sold either through the main portal or on the user pages of artists and fans alike. MySpace will not dictate pricing but rather charge a distribution fee and leave the remaining pricing up to artists on MySpace, most of whom are independents currently unsigned to labels. Songs will be available in an unrestricted MP3 format that ensures compatibility with the iPod and other music players.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies