Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New Apple "Get A Mac" ads
Apple today aired new "Get a Mac" television commercials during the 58th Primetime Emmy Awards in the US. The new ads touted its new "Magsafe" connector ("Accident"), addresses the spyware and virus problems experienced by PCs ("Trust Mac"), and the frustration using a PC for non-work projects ("Angel/Devil"). The Magsafe commercial depicts the "humanized" PC in a wheelchair with several broken bones (repaired with casts) and the Mac touting its new Magsafe connector, which ships on Apple's new Intel-based MacBooks and MacBook Pros. [updated]
Largest HDTV at Stadium
Television manufacturers such as Panasonic and Samsung may claim to have the largest HDTVs, but as of this past week that honor is only limited to the indoors. Royal-Memorial Stadium, home of the Texas Longhorns college football team, recently received a custom HDTV replacement for its scoreboard which easily dwarfs anything which might fit in a home - as well as many other outdoor screens. Measuring 55 feet tall and 134 feet wide, the new scoreboard (nicknamed Godzillatron by fans) can display both scores and high-definition video replays of events on the field. The design required 40 large air-conditioning units and a major power upgrade just to survive constant use in typically hot Texas weather. Though it will eventually cede its supremacy to an upcoming larger screen in Asia, Godzillatron will remain the largest screen in North America for the foreseeable future, says Sports Illustrated.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 8 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies