Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New Apple "Get A Mac" ads
Apple today aired new "Get a Mac" television commercials during the 58th Primetime Emmy Awards in the US. The new ads touted its new "Magsafe" connector ("Accident"), addresses the spyware and virus problems experienced by PCs ("Trust Mac"), and the frustration using a PC for non-work projects ("Angel/Devil"). The Magsafe commercial depicts the "humanized" PC in a wheelchair with several broken bones (repaired with casts) and the Mac touting its new Magsafe connector, which ships on Apple's new Intel-based MacBooks and MacBook Pros. [updated]
Largest HDTV at Stadium
Television manufacturers such as Panasonic and Samsung may claim to have the largest HDTVs, but as of this past week that honor is only limited to the indoors. Royal-Memorial Stadium, home of the Texas Longhorns college football team, recently received a custom HDTV replacement for its scoreboard which easily dwarfs anything which might fit in a home - as well as many other outdoor screens. Measuring 55 feet tall and 134 feet wide, the new scoreboard (nicknamed Godzillatron by fans) can display both scores and high-definition video replays of events on the field. The design required 40 large air-conditioning units and a major power upgrade just to survive constant use in typically hot Texas weather. Though it will eventually cede its supremacy to an upcoming larger screen in Asia, Godzillatron will remain the largest screen in North America for the foreseeable future, says Sports Illustrated.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer at Apple - 12 replies
- Man fined $120 for using Apple Watch while driving - 7 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 7 replies
- Pointers: Sign Your PDFs in Preview - 5 replies
- Pointers: Mastering the OS X Dock - 5 replies
- Apple rolls out Force Touch 15-inch MacBook Pro, new Retina iMac - 5 replies
- Pointers: Make 'Hey Siri' work on Apple Watch - 5 replies
- Adobe to discontinue iOS Photoshop Touch, plans successor apps [u] - 4 replies
- Editorial: FCC, lawsuits, Net Neutrality, and The Bill of Rights - 4 replies
- Google reveals it rejects majority of 'Right to be Forgotten' requests - 4 replies