Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New Apple "Get A Mac" ads
Apple today aired new "Get a Mac" television commercials during the 58th Primetime Emmy Awards in the US. The new ads touted its new "Magsafe" connector ("Accident"), addresses the spyware and virus problems experienced by PCs ("Trust Mac"), and the frustration using a PC for non-work projects ("Angel/Devil"). The Magsafe commercial depicts the "humanized" PC in a wheelchair with several broken bones (repaired with casts) and the Mac touting its new Magsafe connector, which ships on Apple's new Intel-based MacBooks and MacBook Pros. [updated]
Largest HDTV at Stadium
Television manufacturers such as Panasonic and Samsung may claim to have the largest HDTVs, but as of this past week that honor is only limited to the indoors. Royal-Memorial Stadium, home of the Texas Longhorns college football team, recently received a custom HDTV replacement for its scoreboard which easily dwarfs anything which might fit in a home - as well as many other outdoor screens. Measuring 55 feet tall and 134 feet wide, the new scoreboard (nicknamed Godzillatron by fans) can display both scores and high-definition video replays of events on the field. The design required 40 large air-conditioning units and a major power upgrade just to survive constant use in typically hot Texas weather. Though it will eventually cede its supremacy to an upcoming larger screen in Asia, Godzillatron will remain the largest screen in North America for the foreseeable future, says Sports Illustrated.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Hands On: Griffin Powermate Bluetooth - 9 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies
- Pono struggling to expand due to lack of resources, no new CEO - 6 replies