Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New Apple "Get A Mac" ads
Apple today aired new "Get a Mac" television commercials during the 58th Primetime Emmy Awards in the US. The new ads touted its new "Magsafe" connector ("Accident"), addresses the spyware and virus problems experienced by PCs ("Trust Mac"), and the frustration using a PC for non-work projects ("Angel/Devil"). The Magsafe commercial depicts the "humanized" PC in a wheelchair with several broken bones (repaired with casts) and the Mac touting its new Magsafe connector, which ships on Apple's new Intel-based MacBooks and MacBook Pros. [updated]
Largest HDTV at Stadium
Television manufacturers such as Panasonic and Samsung may claim to have the largest HDTVs, but as of this past week that honor is only limited to the indoors. Royal-Memorial Stadium, home of the Texas Longhorns college football team, recently received a custom HDTV replacement for its scoreboard which easily dwarfs anything which might fit in a home - as well as many other outdoor screens. Measuring 55 feet tall and 134 feet wide, the new scoreboard (nicknamed Godzillatron by fans) can display both scores and high-definition video replays of events on the field. The design required 40 large air-conditioning units and a major power upgrade just to survive constant use in typically hot Texas weather. Though it will eventually cede its supremacy to an upcoming larger screen in Asia, Godzillatron will remain the largest screen in North America for the foreseeable future, says Sports Illustrated.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 61 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies