Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New Apple "Get A Mac" ads
Apple today aired new "Get a Mac" television commercials during the 58th Primetime Emmy Awards in the US. The new ads touted its new "Magsafe" connector ("Accident"), addresses the spyware and virus problems experienced by PCs ("Trust Mac"), and the frustration using a PC for non-work projects ("Angel/Devil"). The Magsafe commercial depicts the "humanized" PC in a wheelchair with several broken bones (repaired with casts) and the Mac touting its new Magsafe connector, which ships on Apple's new Intel-based MacBooks and MacBook Pros. [updated]
Largest HDTV at Stadium
Television manufacturers such as Panasonic and Samsung may claim to have the largest HDTVs, but as of this past week that honor is only limited to the indoors. Royal-Memorial Stadium, home of the Texas Longhorns college football team, recently received a custom HDTV replacement for its scoreboard which easily dwarfs anything which might fit in a home - as well as many other outdoor screens. Measuring 55 feet tall and 134 feet wide, the new scoreboard (nicknamed Godzillatron by fans) can display both scores and high-definition video replays of events on the field. The design required 40 large air-conditioning units and a major power upgrade just to survive constant use in typically hot Texas weather. Though it will eventually cede its supremacy to an upcoming larger screen in Asia, Godzillatron will remain the largest screen in North America for the foreseeable future, says Sports Illustrated.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies