Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Core 2 Duo Mobile Monday
Intel formally launched Core 2 processors earlier this year for desktops, beginning with the Xeon 5100 series. The final element in the architecture will arrive on Monday when Intel formally releases Core 2 Duo mobile processors, previously known as "Merom." Early reports have shown that the new design offers a slight but noticeable performance gain over the original Core Duo without significantly increasing power requirements; it can also be installed in some existing computers without updates, making the transition relatively simple for system builders. A slew of laptops and other energy-efficient computers are expected to see announcements early next week, while Apple has also given indications that it too will likely use mobile Core 2 processors for new Mac desktops and laptops in early September.
Forums: August 25
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the recent recall announced by Apple affecting many PowerBook and iBook owners..... Other users discuss then best sources of RAM for the new Mac Pro which meet the high requirements of the new Apple workstation.... One user wonders how many others look for Apple or another company to introduce new laptop docking stations to make the computers even more of a desktop replacement .... Another user discusses how Apple has fixed the heat issues of the MacBook Pro by using a variable CPU speed -- others question his findings.... Meanwhile, another user shares a discovery in Mac OS X, a hidden calculator which can be activated with a single keystroke.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 8 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies