Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Core 2 Duo Mobile Monday
Intel formally launched Core 2 processors earlier this year for desktops, beginning with the Xeon 5100 series. The final element in the architecture will arrive on Monday when Intel formally releases Core 2 Duo mobile processors, previously known as "Merom." Early reports have shown that the new design offers a slight but noticeable performance gain over the original Core Duo without significantly increasing power requirements; it can also be installed in some existing computers without updates, making the transition relatively simple for system builders. A slew of laptops and other energy-efficient computers are expected to see announcements early next week, while Apple has also given indications that it too will likely use mobile Core 2 processors for new Mac desktops and laptops in early September.
Forums: August 25
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the recent recall announced by Apple affecting many PowerBook and iBook owners..... Other users discuss then best sources of RAM for the new Mac Pro which meet the high requirements of the new Apple workstation.... One user wonders how many others look for Apple or another company to introduce new laptop docking stations to make the computers even more of a desktop replacement .... Another user discusses how Apple has fixed the heat issues of the MacBook Pro by using a variable CPU speed -- others question his findings.... Meanwhile, another user shares a discovery in Mac OS X, a hidden calculator which can be activated with a single keystroke.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 22 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Apple increasing employment in Ireland, creating 1,000 more jobs - 15 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 14 replies
- F.lux developers pull sideloaded app following Apple's complaint - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- First Look: Apple iPad Pro - 7 replies
- Tim Cook addresses retail, commences 'inclusion training' company-wide - 7 replies