Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Core 2 Duo Mobile Monday
Intel formally launched Core 2 processors earlier this year for desktops, beginning with the Xeon 5100 series. The final element in the architecture will arrive on Monday when Intel formally releases Core 2 Duo mobile processors, previously known as "Merom." Early reports have shown that the new design offers a slight but noticeable performance gain over the original Core Duo without significantly increasing power requirements; it can also be installed in some existing computers without updates, making the transition relatively simple for system builders. A slew of laptops and other energy-efficient computers are expected to see announcements early next week, while Apple has also given indications that it too will likely use mobile Core 2 processors for new Mac desktops and laptops in early September.
Forums: August 25
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the recent recall announced by Apple affecting many PowerBook and iBook owners..... Other users discuss then best sources of RAM for the new Mac Pro which meet the high requirements of the new Apple workstation.... One user wonders how many others look for Apple or another company to introduce new laptop docking stations to make the computers even more of a desktop replacement .... Another user discusses how Apple has fixed the heat issues of the MacBook Pro by using a variable CPU speed -- others question his findings.... Meanwhile, another user shares a discovery in Mac OS X, a hidden calculator which can be activated with a single keystroke.
￼The half moon design speaks about what to expect overall from the Pure Contour i1 Air Dock: it is a speaker that looks to blend int ...STM Studio for iPad Air
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Qualcomm Gimbal Bluetooth beacons to compete with Apple's iBeacon - 6 replies