Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Core 2 Duo Mobile Monday
Intel formally launched Core 2 processors earlier this year for desktops, beginning with the Xeon 5100 series. The final element in the architecture will arrive on Monday when Intel formally releases Core 2 Duo mobile processors, previously known as "Merom." Early reports have shown that the new design offers a slight but noticeable performance gain over the original Core Duo without significantly increasing power requirements; it can also be installed in some existing computers without updates, making the transition relatively simple for system builders. A slew of laptops and other energy-efficient computers are expected to see announcements early next week, while Apple has also given indications that it too will likely use mobile Core 2 processors for new Mac desktops and laptops in early September.
Forums: August 25
Forums roundup: Members are discussing the recent recall announced by Apple affecting many PowerBook and iBook owners..... Other users discuss then best sources of RAM for the new Mac Pro which meet the high requirements of the new Apple workstation.... One user wonders how many others look for Apple or another company to introduce new laptop docking stations to make the computers even more of a desktop replacement .... Another user discusses how Apple has fixed the heat issues of the MacBook Pro by using a variable CPU speed -- others question his findings.... Meanwhile, another user shares a discovery in Mac OS X, a hidden calculator which can be activated with a single keystroke.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Pono struggling to expand due to lack of resources, no new CEO - 6 replies