Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
AMEX 505 Blu-Ray recorder
Though described mainly as a Blu-Ray player and recorder, the AMEX 505 series is definitely more than a basic Blu-Ray drive with just enough power to handle the new disc format. Hong Kong-based AMEX DIGITAL's 505 is, effectively, a full home theater PC capable of handling almost all the functions you would care for in such a machine. The hardware name is a misnomer - it doesn't actually record Blu-Ray - but it can play back the new format as well as record TV through two digital tuners on a massive 1.5TB of hard drive storage. It fully supports 1080p input and output (including upconversion for DVDs) and has the processing power to support this: a Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and a built-in Radeon X1600 graphics chip will ensure that the 505 is never challenged by the content you play. This player ships to Europe by the end of August for the equivalent of $2000 US, which is very impressive for the features. Click through for the full press release and a photo of the extensive AV ports on the back.
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...
10 Most Discussed
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 18 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 13 replies
- FCC redefines broadband speeds as 25Mbps downloads, 3Mbps uploads - 11 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Repatriation bill offers tax break for US return of foreign profits - 11 replies
- Cook still bullish on iPad despite softening demand - 10 replies
- Adobe updates Flash again due to critical security flaw - 9 replies
- Apple posts $74.6B in Q1 revenues based on iPhone, Mac sales - 8 replies
- Apple sees one billionth iOS device shipped, China sales explode - 8 replies