Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
AMEX 505 Blu-Ray recorder
Though described mainly as a Blu-Ray player and recorder, the AMEX 505 series is definitely more than a basic Blu-Ray drive with just enough power to handle the new disc format. Hong Kong-based AMEX DIGITAL's 505 is, effectively, a full home theater PC capable of handling almost all the functions you would care for in such a machine. The hardware name is a misnomer - it doesn't actually record Blu-Ray - but it can play back the new format as well as record TV through two digital tuners on a massive 1.5TB of hard drive storage. It fully supports 1080p input and output (including upconversion for DVDs) and has the processing power to support this: a Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and a built-in Radeon X1600 graphics chip will ensure that the 505 is never challenged by the content you play. This player ships to Europe by the end of August for the equivalent of $2000 US, which is very impressive for the features. Click through for the full press release and a photo of the extensive AV ports on the back.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 35 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 8 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Appeals court opens door to FTC oversight of corporate cyber security - 6 replies
- Hands On: Tile Bluetooth Object Tracker - 6 replies