Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
AMEX 505 Blu-Ray recorder
Though described mainly as a Blu-Ray player and recorder, the AMEX 505 series is definitely more than a basic Blu-Ray drive with just enough power to handle the new disc format. Hong Kong-based AMEX DIGITAL's 505 is, effectively, a full home theater PC capable of handling almost all the functions you would care for in such a machine. The hardware name is a misnomer - it doesn't actually record Blu-Ray - but it can play back the new format as well as record TV through two digital tuners on a massive 1.5TB of hard drive storage. It fully supports 1080p input and output (including upconversion for DVDs) and has the processing power to support this: a Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and a built-in Radeon X1600 graphics chip will ensure that the 505 is never challenged by the content you play. This player ships to Europe by the end of August for the equivalent of $2000 US, which is very impressive for the features. Click through for the full press release and a photo of the extensive AV ports on the back.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Opinion: How will Apple maintain usability on a larger iPhone? - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies