Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
AMEX 505 Blu-Ray recorder
Though described mainly as a Blu-Ray player and recorder, the AMEX 505 series is definitely more than a basic Blu-Ray drive with just enough power to handle the new disc format. Hong Kong-based AMEX DIGITAL's 505 is, effectively, a full home theater PC capable of handling almost all the functions you would care for in such a machine. The hardware name is a misnomer - it doesn't actually record Blu-Ray - but it can play back the new format as well as record TV through two digital tuners on a massive 1.5TB of hard drive storage. It fully supports 1080p input and output (including upconversion for DVDs) and has the processing power to support this: a Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and a built-in Radeon X1600 graphics chip will ensure that the 505 is never challenged by the content you play. This player ships to Europe by the end of August for the equivalent of $2000 US, which is very impressive for the features. Click through for the full press release and a photo of the extensive AV ports on the back.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
The Jorno Bluetooth keyboard and stand for tablets certainly looks nice. The gunmetal grey shell of the keyboard looks great while the ...Apple 12-inch Retina MacBook
It is an exciting time for consumer technology, with gadgets and devices that once used to the stuff of dreams now coming to fruition. ...JBL Synchros Reflect in-ear headphones
All headphones are not created equally, especially when it comes to use during vigorous activities or workouts. Over-the-ear headphone ...
10 Most Discussed
- The Feature Thief: Apple taketh away, sometimes giveth back - 26 replies
- The Feature Thief, conclusion: AppleWorks and the lessons learned - 24 replies
- The Feature Thief, part one: Pages - 20 replies
- The Feature Thief, part three: iWeb - 16 replies
- Apple updates Watch support page, admits tattoos may be a problem - 15 replies
- The Feature Thief, part two: Final Cut Pro, iMovie, iDVD - 11 replies
- Google cuts YouTube support for older Apple TV, Google TV, iOS devices - 9 replies
- Wrist tattoos may interfere with Apple Watch functions, reports say - 8 replies
- Flaw in iPad 'flight bag' software grounds AA flights [U] - 7 replies
- Google unveils new scheme to acquire unwanted patents - 7 replies