Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
AMEX 505 Blu-Ray recorder
Though described mainly as a Blu-Ray player and recorder, the AMEX 505 series is definitely more than a basic Blu-Ray drive with just enough power to handle the new disc format. Hong Kong-based AMEX DIGITAL's 505 is, effectively, a full home theater PC capable of handling almost all the functions you would care for in such a machine. The hardware name is a misnomer - it doesn't actually record Blu-Ray - but it can play back the new format as well as record TV through two digital tuners on a massive 1.5TB of hard drive storage. It fully supports 1080p input and output (including upconversion for DVDs) and has the processing power to support this: a Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and a built-in Radeon X1600 graphics chip will ensure that the 505 is never challenged by the content you play. This player ships to Europe by the end of August for the equivalent of $2000 US, which is very impressive for the features. Click through for the full press release and a photo of the extensive AV ports on the back.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 66 replies
- Opinion: four myths about the iPad Pro - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- Customer wins in lawsuit over data loss caused by Apple Store repair - 9 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies