Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MacBook heat, AppleCare
Forums roundup: Members are discussing MacBook heat issues following the release of a new firmware update-- with some reporting a significant difference in CPU temperature.... Other users discuss the value of AppleCare when their included coverage expires.... One user looks to weigh options between the iPod and other Mac OS X supporting MP3 players with over 10GB of storage.... Others wonder why the X1900XT takes so long to ship and discuss the value of the new high-end graphics card.... Meanwhile, another user looks for advice for buying a new MacBook Pro questioning the value of the .33GHz between two standard configurations.
EA licenses UE3
Electronic Arts has signed a licensing agreement with developer Epic Games, one which will allow EA to use Epic's Unreal Engine 3 technology in several future titles. UE3 will be combined with EA's own in-house tools to produce the new games. The engine is already set to be used in a number of titles outside of EA, ranging from BioWare's Mass Effect to Epic's own Gears of War and Unreal Tournament 2007. Variants of the Unreal engine have been selling steadily since 1998, when the first Unreal game was released.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 66 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Customer wins in lawsuit over data loss caused by Apple Store repair - 7 replies
- MacUpdate tests changes in face of challenging specialist market - 6 replies