updated 11:20 am EDT, Mon August 14, 2006
FileMaker today announced strong support from database developers worldwide for FileMaker Pro 8.5 (FMP) at the FileMaker Developer Conference (FMDC). New offerings supporting FileMaker Pro 8.5 include ICE from iSolutions; Web Service Plugin from FMNexus, as well as updated versions of Inspector, Account Manager, and Dragon Web Survey; FmPro Layout Diff from .Com Solutions; SyncDeK Universal from World Sync; and Web service plug-ins from Digital Fusion. New publications covering FileMaker Pro 8.5 also surfaced at the conference, expanding developer options with in-depth discussions about the database solution. Such publications include Learn FileMaker Pro 8.5 as well as FileMaker Pro Business Applications from Wordware Publishing, and FileMaker 8.5 from O'Reilly Publishing.
Other products highlighted at the event include:
- Excelisys announced two new additions to "eX-Files," the company's line of FileMaker Pro-based "Jump-Start" solutions: eX-Mailer and eX-BizTracker.
- FMWebschool announced FXForge 3.0, CDML Converter for the FileMaker API for PHP, a new book and free companion video series Custom Web Publishing with the FileMaker API for PHP, Instant Web Publishing PowerPack application for PHP servers, and Grab-it, a new plug-in.
- Life Success Institute announced a suite of scheduling products designed for FileMaker Pro 8.0 and 8.5: Schedula Daybook and Schedula Agenda.
- myFMbutler announced AutoSender 1.5, a messaging solution robot for e-mailing directly from a FileMaker solution, and PrinterSwitch 1.5, a plug-in for Windows and Mac for easy printer switching.
- NRG Software announced a new Web component to its NRG Address Validation software that uses the FileMaker Web Viewer to help verify addresses for postal recipients.
- Productive Computing unveiled the beta versions of FM Books Connector plug-in and the Core2 CRM customer relationship management solution.
- SeedCode announced SeedCodeContacts, a series of templates that integrate contact management, project management, and calendaring in an unlocked file.
- Troi Automatisering released the Troi Text Plug-in, a tool for dealing with text in a FileMaker Pro database efficiently.