Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Analyst on Apple and Dell
Apple's struggle for marketshare is most often thought of as a fight against the entire 95% of Windows computer sales - as much an ideological battle as an attempt to claim a larger portion of the OS market. At least one analyst, however, believes that OS X is mainly useful to Apple as a means to the company's true end: defeating Dell in hardware sales. Controversial analyst Rob Enderle observes that Apple is less openly confrontational regarding Windows whenever it advertises the Mac in public, even as it gets press for challenging its rival at events like WWDC. Apple's tactic in the era of Intel-based Macs is not to overthrow Windows, but to offer a software advantage over companies like Dell (who are forced to bundle third-party software for the same features). Read about Microsoft's unwitting role in Apple strategy after the jump.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 21 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies
- Editorial: Apple's iOS purchase-history purge disrespects users - 8 replies