Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Analyst on Apple and Dell
Apple's struggle for marketshare is most often thought of as a fight against the entire 95% of Windows computer sales - as much an ideological battle as an attempt to claim a larger portion of the OS market. At least one analyst, however, believes that OS X is mainly useful to Apple as a means to the company's true end: defeating Dell in hardware sales. Controversial analyst Rob Enderle observes that Apple is less openly confrontational regarding Windows whenever it advertises the Mac in public, even as it gets press for challenging its rival at events like WWDC. Apple's tactic in the era of Intel-based Macs is not to overthrow Windows, but to offer a software advantage over companies like Dell (who are forced to bundle third-party software for the same features). Read about Microsoft's unwitting role in Apple strategy after the jump.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Review: Alsoft DiskWarrior 5.0 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Appeals court: NSA metadata collection exceeds scope of Patriot Act - 16 replies
- Opinion: Where is my Apple Watch? - 12 replies
- Researcher: MacKeeper software has critical security flaw - 11 replies
- First Look: Microsoft Surface 3 - 8 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 7 replies
- Microsoft reveals six versions of Windows 10 inbound this summer - 6 replies
- Apple, Leica working to resolve bug that could corrupt Photos library - 6 replies
- Briefly: Apple cash mountain, still top dog in US smartphone market - 5 replies
- Review: FileMaker Pro 14 (OS X, iOS, Windows) - 5 replies