Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WWDC keynote tomorrow
Tomorrow's technology highlight will undoubtedly be the opening keynote that kicks off Apple's World Wide Developer Conference tomorrow, at 10 AM Pacific (1 PM Eastern). Technology sites have been virtually foaming at the mouth speculating about what Steve Jobs will unveil at the keynote. OS X Leopard is the only official item on the slate, but sources around the web have suggested anything from the Mac Pro (an Intel-based tower replacement for the Power Mac G5) to iPhones and "real" video iPods. Regardless of how wild or sober your own predictions may be, Electronista will provide periodic updates during the keynote for breaking hardware and software news.
OS X Leopard: Vista 2.0
A photographer in the San Francisco area has snapped two early images of Mac OS X Leopard--peering through the windows of the Moscone Center West. This time a banner declaring "Mac OS X Leopard: Vista 2.0" has been spotted. Though this banner does not reveal any more about the the OS upgrade, these images surface after similar pictures showing a banner proclaiming "You've come to the right platform" and "64-Bit" were posted on the internet late last week. This is the second year of WWDC where Apple has taken shots at Microsoft--two years ago where one banner read "Redmond start your photocopiers" after introducing Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. Be sure to log onto to MacNN Monday at 1PM EST or 10AM PST for live keynote coverage, or discuss the news as it happens on MacNN's IRC Channel or forums. [image included]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 8 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies