Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WWDC keynote tomorrow
Tomorrow's technology highlight will undoubtedly be the opening keynote that kicks off Apple's World Wide Developer Conference tomorrow, at 10 AM Pacific (1 PM Eastern). Technology sites have been virtually foaming at the mouth speculating about what Steve Jobs will unveil at the keynote. OS X Leopard is the only official item on the slate, but sources around the web have suggested anything from the Mac Pro (an Intel-based tower replacement for the Power Mac G5) to iPhones and "real" video iPods. Regardless of how wild or sober your own predictions may be, Electronista will provide periodic updates during the keynote for breaking hardware and software news.
OS X Leopard: Vista 2.0
A photographer in the San Francisco area has snapped two early images of Mac OS X Leopard--peering through the windows of the Moscone Center West. This time a banner declaring "Mac OS X Leopard: Vista 2.0" has been spotted. Though this banner does not reveal any more about the the OS upgrade, these images surface after similar pictures showing a banner proclaiming "You've come to the right platform" and "64-Bit" were posted on the internet late last week. This is the second year of WWDC where Apple has taken shots at Microsoft--two years ago where one banner read "Redmond start your photocopiers" after introducing Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. Be sure to log onto to MacNN Monday at 1PM EST or 10AM PST for live keynote coverage, or discuss the news as it happens on MacNN's IRC Channel or forums. [image included]
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price to gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...Narrative Clip
With the advent of social media technology, people have been searching for new ways to share the events of their daily lives -- be it ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Apple 'investigating' if leaked celebrity pics came from iCloud - 12 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 12 replies
- Dell teases world's first 27-inch 5K computer monitor - 11 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Shareholder files suit against Cook, executives over e-book collusion - 10 replies
- Apple cagey about Watch battery life, working on improvements - 10 replies