Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WWDC keynote tomorrow
Tomorrow's technology highlight will undoubtedly be the opening keynote that kicks off Apple's World Wide Developer Conference tomorrow, at 10 AM Pacific (1 PM Eastern). Technology sites have been virtually foaming at the mouth speculating about what Steve Jobs will unveil at the keynote. OS X Leopard is the only official item on the slate, but sources around the web have suggested anything from the Mac Pro (an Intel-based tower replacement for the Power Mac G5) to iPhones and "real" video iPods. Regardless of how wild or sober your own predictions may be, Electronista will provide periodic updates during the keynote for breaking hardware and software news.
OS X Leopard: Vista 2.0
A photographer in the San Francisco area has snapped two early images of Mac OS X Leopard--peering through the windows of the Moscone Center West. This time a banner declaring "Mac OS X Leopard: Vista 2.0" has been spotted. Though this banner does not reveal any more about the the OS upgrade, these images surface after similar pictures showing a banner proclaiming "You've come to the right platform" and "64-Bit" were posted on the internet late last week. This is the second year of WWDC where Apple has taken shots at Microsoft--two years ago where one banner read "Redmond start your photocopiers" after introducing Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. Be sure to log onto to MacNN Monday at 1PM EST or 10AM PST for live keynote coverage, or discuss the news as it happens on MacNN's IRC Channel or forums. [image included]
Five years ago, we thought that by the end of 2013 there'd be a bigger market for e-book readers. Then, along came the tablet that Jo ...Sans Digital TowerRAID TR8M6G eSATA array
Regardless of what Cupertino would like us to believe with the new cylindrical Mac Pro, there are needs for vast amounts of hard-drive ...iHome Bluetooth iB75 Wireless Sports Earphone
Finding a good pair of headphones for a midnight jog is hard. An over the ear set is either flopping around on your head, falling off, ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple signals end of Snow Leopard support with Safari snub? - 19 replies
- European Parliament to vote on single smartphone charger law - 16 replies
- New Android ioPhone mimics Apple's iPhone 5c style - 15 replies
- Rumor: Microsoft to take on iPad mini with 1080p Surface mini - 13 replies
- Report: Apple's 64-bit A7 chip 'stunned' the chipmaking industry - 10 replies
- Apple debuts 90-second holiday TV ad, 'Misunderstood' - 10 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 10 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Apple's Tim Cook accepts award at Auburn, pushes for equality - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies