Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WWDC keynote tomorrow
Tomorrow's technology highlight will undoubtedly be the opening keynote that kicks off Apple's World Wide Developer Conference tomorrow, at 10 AM Pacific (1 PM Eastern). Technology sites have been virtually foaming at the mouth speculating about what Steve Jobs will unveil at the keynote. OS X Leopard is the only official item on the slate, but sources around the web have suggested anything from the Mac Pro (an Intel-based tower replacement for the Power Mac G5) to iPhones and "real" video iPods. Regardless of how wild or sober your own predictions may be, Electronista will provide periodic updates during the keynote for breaking hardware and software news.
OS X Leopard: Vista 2.0
A photographer in the San Francisco area has snapped two early images of Mac OS X Leopard--peering through the windows of the Moscone Center West. This time a banner declaring "Mac OS X Leopard: Vista 2.0" has been spotted. Though this banner does not reveal any more about the the OS upgrade, these images surface after similar pictures showing a banner proclaiming "You've come to the right platform" and "64-Bit" were posted on the internet late last week. This is the second year of WWDC where Apple has taken shots at Microsoft--two years ago where one banner read "Redmond start your photocopiers" after introducing Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. Be sure to log onto to MacNN Monday at 1PM EST or 10AM PST for live keynote coverage, or discuss the news as it happens on MacNN's IRC Channel or forums. [image included]
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 projector
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- Apple tipsters claim Apple electric minivan in the works - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 10 replies
- Hands On: Records 1.0 (OS X) - 8 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Apple reportedly launching wide public beta of iOS 8.3 in May - 7 replies
- Apple investing $1.9 billion in two new European data centers - 7 replies