Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Symantec warns of malware
Symantec on Friday issued an alert warning Mac OS X users of a new Trojan horse that looks to patch the recently described (and patched) Launchd vulnerability, which could provide root access on Macs running Mac OS X 10.4.6 or earlier. Security Focus adds that a successful attack may crash the application or lead to arbitrary code execution. Symantec's alert notes a that OSX.Exploit.Launchd is a Trojan horse that exploits the Mac OS X LaunchD Local Format String Vulnerability, which was described only after Apple patched its OS earlier this week. The flaw was patched in Apple's security in the Mac OS X 10.4.7 update issued earlier this week by Apple. Separately, Apple re-released its Mac OS X 10.4.7 update for Intel-based Macs to address some missing OpenGL files in the initial version of the update.
It is an exciting time for consumer technology, with gadgets and devices that once used to the stuff of dreams now coming to fruition. ...JBL Synchros Reflect in-ear headphones
All headphones are not created equally, especially when it comes to use during vigorous activities or workouts. Over-the-ear headphone ...Bracketron Power Flex external battery
When we're traveling or just generally out and about, we've taken to bringing a tablet and Bluetooth keyboard with us, rather than a ...
10 Most Discussed
- The Feature Thief: Apple taketh away, sometimes giveth back - 25 replies
- First Look: All-new 12-inch Apple MacBook - 18 replies
- Backup Utility Smackdown (OS X) - 17 replies
- The Feature Thief, part one: Pages - 14 replies
- Retina 12-inch MacBook teardowns reveal low repairability - 9 replies
- Google cuts YouTube support for older Apple TV, Google TV, iOS devices - 9 replies
- Pointers: don't forward your OS X Mail, redirect it - 8 replies
- Researcher: OS X 'Rootpipe' attack fix not reliable, attacks possible - 8 replies
- Living With and Without: Time Machine - 7 replies
- New Apple Watch bands revealed by Ive, Newson at Milan showcase - 7 replies