Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Symantec warns of malware
Symantec on Friday issued an alert warning Mac OS X users of a new Trojan horse that looks to patch the recently described (and patched) Launchd vulnerability, which could provide root access on Macs running Mac OS X 10.4.6 or earlier. Security Focus adds that a successful attack may crash the application or lead to arbitrary code execution. Symantec's alert notes a that OSX.Exploit.Launchd is a Trojan horse that exploits the Mac OS X LaunchD Local Format String Vulnerability, which was described only after Apple patched its OS earlier this week. The flaw was patched in Apple's security in the Mac OS X 10.4.7 update issued earlier this week by Apple. Separately, Apple re-released its Mac OS X 10.4.7 update for Intel-based Macs to address some missing OpenGL files in the initial version of the update.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimately there's one thing we all want from smartphone accessories; we want options. When it comes to keeping our iPhone charged, w ...iHome iBT74 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
There's no reason why your tech can't look good while doing what it was designed to do. That's the reason that sports cars look goo ...Logitech Gaming Daedalus Prime Mouse
Logitech Gaming continues to expand upon its peripherals line, with each one looking to fit neatly into a breadth of gaming needs. Bui ...
10 Most Discussed
- Editorial: WSJ stoops to clickbait with silly anti-Mac article - 23 replies
- Review: Apple Watch - 14 replies
- Apple retracts App Store games with Confederate flag imagery [u] - 14 replies
- Adobe updates Creative Cloud apps, introduces Stock option - 12 replies
- Cue: Apple will pay royalties for three-month free Music trial - 11 replies
- Classic Mac OS System 7.5.5 made to run on Apple Watch - 9 replies
- Hands On: iOS 9 Preview for iPad Air 2 - 7 replies
- Kenwood flagship CarPlay and Android Auto multimedia units shipping - 6 replies
- MacNN Deals: Keep healthy and shop smarter with iOS gadgets - 6 replies
- Editorial: Mainstream press clickbait critical, Apple press annoyed - 6 replies