Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Symantec warns of malware
Symantec on Friday issued an alert warning Mac OS X users of a new Trojan horse that looks to patch the recently described (and patched) Launchd vulnerability, which could provide root access on Macs running Mac OS X 10.4.6 or earlier. Security Focus adds that a successful attack may crash the application or lead to arbitrary code execution. Symantec's alert notes a that OSX.Exploit.Launchd is a Trojan horse that exploits the Mac OS X LaunchD Local Format String Vulnerability, which was described only after Apple patched its OS earlier this week. The flaw was patched in Apple's security in the Mac OS X 10.4.7 update issued earlier this week by Apple. Separately, Apple re-released its Mac OS X 10.4.7 update for Intel-based Macs to address some missing OpenGL files in the initial version of the update.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 13 replies
- Apple purging XcodeGhost-afflicted apps, Angry Birds 2 among infected - 12 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Security flaw in iOS 9 discovered, could expose photos, contacts - 11 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies