Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Symantec warns of malware
Symantec on Friday issued an alert warning Mac OS X users of a new Trojan horse that looks to patch the recently described (and patched) Launchd vulnerability, which could provide root access on Macs running Mac OS X 10.4.6 or earlier. Security Focus adds that a successful attack may crash the application or lead to arbitrary code execution. Symantec's alert notes a that OSX.Exploit.Launchd is a Trojan horse that exploits the Mac OS X LaunchD Local Format String Vulnerability, which was described only after Apple patched its OS earlier this week. The flaw was patched in Apple's security in the Mac OS X 10.4.7 update issued earlier this week by Apple. Separately, Apple re-released its Mac OS X 10.4.7 update for Intel-based Macs to address some missing OpenGL files in the initial version of the update.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 66 replies
- Opinion: four myths about the iPad Pro - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- Customer wins in lawsuit over data loss caused by Apple Store repair - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies