Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple pulls out of India
Apple has canceled its plans for its offshore tech support in India, but the company was not forthcoming about its reason for the pull out. The Times of India reports that Apple has laid off all 30 employees it had hired for its subsidiary, Apple Services India Pvt Ltd. in April of this year The company told workers in a meeting on May 29 that "the company is revaluating its operations and has thought of pulling back its Indian operations," according to the report. Apple, which said it was giving the employees a severance package of two months salary, told the Times that it has "decided to put its planned support centre growth in other countries."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 17 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Security flaw in iOS 9 discovered, could expose photos, contacts - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies