Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple pulls out of India
Apple has canceled its plans for its offshore tech support in India, but the company was not forthcoming about its reason for the pull out. The Times of India reports that Apple has laid off all 30 employees it had hired for its subsidiary, Apple Services India Pvt Ltd. in April of this year The company told workers in a meeting on May 29 that "the company is revaluating its operations and has thought of pulling back its Indian operations," according to the report. Apple, which said it was giving the employees a severance package of two months salary, told the Times that it has "decided to put its planned support centre growth in other countries."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer at Apple - 12 replies
- Man fined $120 for using Apple Watch while driving - 9 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 7 replies
- Pointers: Mastering the OS X Dock - 5 replies
- Apple rolls out Force Touch 15-inch MacBook Pro, new Retina iMac - 5 replies
- Pointers: Sign Your PDFs in Preview - 5 replies
- Pointers: Make 'Hey Siri' work on Apple Watch - 5 replies
- Briefly: Apple intervenes in Shack sale; SF churches take Apple Pay - 4 replies
- Editorial: FCC, lawsuits, Net Neutrality, and The Bill of Rights - 4 replies
- Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - 4 replies