Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple pulls out of India
Apple has canceled its plans for its offshore tech support in India, but the company was not forthcoming about its reason for the pull out. The Times of India reports that Apple has laid off all 30 employees it had hired for its subsidiary, Apple Services India Pvt Ltd. in April of this year The company told workers in a meeting on May 29 that "the company is revaluating its operations and has thought of pulling back its Indian operations," according to the report. Apple, which said it was giving the employees a severance package of two months salary, told the Times that it has "decided to put its planned support centre growth in other countries."
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...Plantronics Rig Surround 7.1 headset
Trying to capture the true soundscape of video games can be a daunting task. Looking to surround-sound home theater options, users hav ...
10 Most Discussed
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for auto downloads of 'Songs of Innocence' - 13 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the new $499 Mac mini - 12 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies
- Microsoft smartwatch touted for launch within weeks, sale soon after - 11 replies
- 'One more thing' from Apple: Mac mini refresh - 11 replies
- Finnish Prime Minister partly blames Apple for economic troubles - 9 replies
- Editorial: Analysis of Apple's October device announcements - 9 replies