updated 07:10 pm EDT, Thu April 13, 2006
RSS Menu, FreeWRL, Isadora
- RSS Menu 1.7 (donationware) updates the RSS/Atom feed reader that allows users to listen to podcasts. A system-wide menu, RSS Menu supports drag-and-drop for feeds from any source, as well as Growl notification. Version 1.7 uses WebKit for parsing feeds, fixes the bundle identifier for Camino, adds support for file URLs, and waits for a pre-determined period of time before it begins parsing when waking from sleep. The update also adds Brazilian Portuguese localization. [Download - 695KB]
- FreeWRL 1.17 (free) is an open-source VRML and X3D browser for Mac OS X. The update is a Universal Binary, offering native compatibility with Intel-based Macs. Version 1.17 adds MultiTexture support, improves pull-down menus, and incorporates multiple bug fixes. FreeWRL is also assumed to be Interchange profile conformant, pending verification by the Web3D Consortium. [Download - 13MB]
- Isadora 1.1.1 ($350) is a graphic programming environment for the Mac that provides interactive control over digital media, with special emphasis on the real-time manipulation of digital video. Version 1.1.1 includes new 3D rendering actors, several new controls, instant composting, cross fading between scenes, and six independent outputs. The update also includes external video output, multi-channel sound output interfaces, and serial output.
- Pandora 1.9.5 ($20) updates the image collector's Web spider and search agent for Mac OS X, adding Spotlight integration in the form of Finder comments for every image discovered. The application hunts down images by spidering URLs or performing keyword-based searches. Comments include the URL or keywords used to start the query, the original URL of the image, and the URL of the parent page of the image. [Download - 1MB]
- FootTrack 2.3 ($50) imports, catalogs, and searches digital video tapes. Users can compress footage to keep video on-hand for easy viewing, and the software can search clips to locate various criteria. Version 2.3 adds support for Intel Macs as a Universal Binary, prints tape inserts or contact sheets, and exports FCP XML files. The update is free to existing FootTrack 1.7 users, and fixes several bugs. [Download - 12MB]
- ClipEdit 3.0 (donationware) allows users to create and edit text or picture clippings. ClipEdit exports any internet address to an internet clipping, and can zoom or crop picture clippings. Text clippings can be edited as a normal text file. The application is written in Cocoa, and features graphic import/export functionality for easy conversion of picture clippings. [Download - 525KB]