Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple vs. Apple in court
Apple is going to court this week to fight a lawsuit over its logo. Apple Corps, owned by the former Beatles and their heirs, is suing the Cupertino-based computer company for breaching a $26 million settlement in 1991-- under which Apple Computer agreed to steer clear of the music business, according to The Times. In that settlement, Apple Corps was awarded rights to the name on "creative works whose principal content is music" while Apple Computer was allowed "goods and services . . . used to reproduce, run, play or otherwise deliver such content." The report notes that agreement also prevented Apple from distributing content on physical media: "Critically, however, the agreement prevented Apple Computer from distributing content on physical media. This was designed to cover CDs and tapes, but it is unclear whether it included later inventions such as digital music files or devices used to play them."
For all the different configurations of headphones on the market, it's always a tough choice for buyers to get something that is just ...Razer Taipan mouse
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS
Every computer with a microphone or headphone port has one -- a digital to analog converter (DAC). There are nearly as many chipsets a ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- SEC: Apple bought back another $5 billion in stock in June quarter - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Coalition of authors blames 'thuggish' Amazon for Hachette dispute - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies