Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple vs. Apple in court
Apple is going to court this week to fight a lawsuit over its logo. Apple Corps, owned by the former Beatles and their heirs, is suing the Cupertino-based computer company for breaching a $26 million settlement in 1991-- under which Apple Computer agreed to steer clear of the music business, according to The Times. In that settlement, Apple Corps was awarded rights to the name on "creative works whose principal content is music" while Apple Computer was allowed "goods and services . . . used to reproduce, run, play or otherwise deliver such content." The report notes that agreement also prevented Apple from distributing content on physical media: "Critically, however, the agreement prevented Apple Computer from distributing content on physical media. This was designed to cover CDs and tapes, but it is unclear whether it included later inventions such as digital music files or devices used to play them."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 21 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies
- Editorial: Apple's iOS purchase-history purge disrespects users - 8 replies