updated 07:35 pm EST, Mon February 6, 2006
FastCut, Goldfish, MoRU
- Goldfish 1.1 ($35) creates individual websites in a few simple steps, offering an easy-to-use interface. The application supports drag-and-drop, allowing users to place items on Web pages without prior knowledge of code. Goldfish presents rulers to aid with content alignment, and includes numerous templates to work from that offer one-click website creation.
- FastCut 2.0 RT Preview (€10) has been re-written from the ground up, and is now based on OpenGL to benefit from hardware acceleration. FastCut allows users to edit video in real-time, and features dynamic playback quality for optimal performance. Once video frames are uploaded to the video memory (VRAM) of the graphic card, they can be manipulated in real-time on a pixel-by-pixel basis with CoreImage, and can be used as textures on geometric objects in a 3D OpenGL world. Version 2.0 also features 3D motion keyframe animation, masking, and video transitions. [Download - 328KB]
- MoRU 1.2 ($10) provides an enhanced interface to Apple's Spotlight searching tool, featured in Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. MoRU allows users to create more powerful searches than the basic Spotlight interface while improving usability, and was designed as a utility that maintains recently-used documents/applications. Version 1.2 adds support for all Spotlight attributes, as well as "OR" in search constraints. The update also features an improved text constraint interface and an "Apply" button to the "Smart Group" editor. [Download - 700KB]
- PictoGrab 1.1 ($15) a free upgrade to the automated picture downloading utility for Mac OS X. Users can specify minimum and maximum file sizes, as well as search depth to refine searches. PictoGrab supports drag-and-drop of URLs, and can save to any destination folder. PictoGrab 1.1 offers full support for Photocasts, allowing users to drop the link to a Photocast onto PictoGrab to quickly download all pictures contained therein. The update also features performance and usability improvements. [Download - 1.9MB]
- Quick-O 1.0.1 (€12) batch converts images and extracts frames from movies in four different formats. Version 1.0.1 is available in German, and supports PNG, JPEG, Photoshop, and Tiff export formats. The update offers some minor bug fixes and various cosmetic adjustments. Quick-O 1.0.1 requires Mac OS X 10.3 or later, and QuickTime 6.4 or later. [Download - 1.1MB]